Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Vinci Mini - use 3rd party software?
Is there a way for me to use Simplify3D or another program like Cura with the da vinci mini? The proprietary software is pretty awful. Can I use the settings for the Jr? I'm new to printing with XYZ products, so sorry if this is a noob question.
Exclamation 
I'm wondering the same thing. Is there seriously no information at all out there about the mini? I've been searching for days.
Well as of so far I have got Simplify3D connected and talking to the printer (XYZ da Vinci Mini w) everything when pretty painless, slicing and uploading it to the printer.... Then something happen that I haven't figured out yet instead of going to warm up and drawing the test round it went "beep beep!" and zoomed away to the upper left corner :/

I would also know if some more experienced user has to say about this little conundrum
(12-03-2016, 02:49 PM)Nude666 Wrote: Well as of so far I have got Simplify3D connected and talking to the printer (XYZ da Vinci Mini w) everything when pretty painless, slicing and uploading it to the printer.... Then something happen that I haven't figured out yet instead of going to warm up and drawing the test round it went "beep beep!" and zoomed away to the upper left corner :/

I would also know if some more experienced user has to say about this little conundrum

How did you get Simplify3D to work with the Da Vinci Mini w? That's the mini that I have and I haven't been able to get it to work.
Sorry to bump an old post, been looking for the answer too but can't find anything. I'm also familiar with using Cura and similar tools (with a uPrint SE at work). There's no info on the XYZ website, or any sites covering it e.g. Tom's Guide, The Verge, etc. I want to buy one as a present for a family member, but would prefer to be able to help with any issues and software I know makes that much easier.