Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DaVinci 2.0A
I'm trying to flash with .92, I successfully did this on a 1.0A a few days ago.

Everything is working to upload it, then when it's done, I cycle the power and the black bars are still there.

This is so bizarre. I've been trying it over and over, there is no doubt I am sending the firmware to the Atmel, I thought it may have to do with the variant file, I've been trying this over and over, I'm really stumped. The hardware is all fine, I know that. 

I tried over and over copying the variant file over, I have the same instructions I used for the 1.0A. I chose the 2.0 with 2 fan option, when I tried the 1 fan option, it wouldn't compile, so I'm really baffled.

I know it's uploading the firmware, if it wasn't, it would give a failure, could xyz have implemented something new, to prevent repeater flashing?

I wish someone had an answer for me.
I tried the same thing with my duo and .92...i finally gave up...after about 5 hours of trying to recompile upload
..reboot....and again

So i actually found .91 on github already compiled and flash that....not had 1 problem sense
Compilation with 1 Fan work fine - this is what I use and I just verified to be sure
so you mess up somewhere with the files to get compilation error
and yes black bar are related to variants - please check FAQ - everything is in there
(09-21-2016, 04:12 AM)luc Wrote: Compilation with 1 Fan work fine - this is what I use and I just verified to be sure
so you mess up somewhere with the files to get compilation error
and yes black bar are related to variants - please check FAQ - everything is in there

Can you tell me where the f.a.q. is? After hours of trying it over and over, trying different things, I eventually tried using the command prompt and basic, and again, it uploads just fine, I cycle power and black bars, except now, when I plug in the usb it is not recognized. 

I'm trying to download atmel studio 7 , in hopes I can get it talking again, it seems the problem was in the variant.cpp,but I trying this over and over and over for over 4 hours today, going over the instructions, trying it different ways. I could always get the firmware to successfully download, but then just black bars, no matter what.

A few days ago I successfully uploaded it to a 1.0A, and the windows computer wasn't even used since then, I normally use a mac. So, I'm super frustrated. Now worried that it won't pick up the USB any more, makes me dead in the water. I had tried one fan and two, back and forth , over and over, I even tried 1 and 4.

I'm just sick about this, I've yet to find some good instructions, written down, just the youtube vids and these forums, it makes your head spin.

It had to be something wrong with the variant.cpp, but then other instructions say copy the entire hardware file, very confusing.

(09-21-2016, 03:15 AM)foto740 Wrote: I tried the same thing with my duo and .92...i finally gave up...after about 5 hours of trying to recompile upload
..reboot....and again

So i actually found .91 on github already compiled and flash that....not had 1 problem sense

thanks for the reply, now I'm trying to get it just to pick up the usb and talk. I think I'm screwed.
FAQ is in readme of my github
and 0.91 does not work with 2.0a