Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0a Error Compiling PLEASE HELP!!!
Hey there,
I'm new to all of this so if this has been discussed before please link me to the thread.

I've had my xyz 1.0a (1.0.1 firmware) for around a year and I decided it was time. 
After watching many youtube tutorials on how to flash my printer I believed i was confident enough to do it.
Using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuCvlnpB7M as a guide and followed all the steps. i flashed my printer and proceeded to the arduino where i repeatedly kept on getting this msg:

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Due (Native USB Port)"

In file included from Repetier.h:572:0,
                 from BedLeveling.cpp:107:
HAL.h: In static member function 'static void HAL: SerialSetBaudrate(long int)':
HAL.h:684:14: error: 'class UARTClass' has no member named 'setInterruptPriority'
       Serial.setInterruptPriority(1);
              ^
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

I was wondering if someone has had this problem before and if you guys can please help me. 
thanks
(09-13-2016, 12:36 PM)ironman Wrote: Hey there,
I'm new to all of this so if this has been discussed before please link me to the thread.

I've had my xyz 1.0a (1.0.1 firmware) for around a year and I decided it was time. 
After watching many youtube tutorials on how to flash my printer I believed i was confident enough to do it.
Using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuCvlnpB7M as a guide and followed all the steps. i flashed my printer and proceeded to the arduino where i repeatedly kept on getting this msg:

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Due (Native USB Port)"

In file included from Repetier.h:572:0,
                 from BedLeveling.cpp:107:
HAL.h: In static member function 'static void HAL: SerialSetBaudrate(long int)':
HAL.h:684:14: error: 'class UARTClass' has no member named 'setInterruptPriority'
       Serial.setInterruptPriority(1);
              ^
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

I was wondering if someone has had this problem before and if you guys can please help me. 
thanks

I am having the very same issue

is there no one that can answer this.

Thanks.
Hi There

I have fixed mine.

Let me know if you haven't and I will guide you through it as the instructions are not correct any more.

Thanks

David
(10-09-2016, 02:52 AM)smiley_b1 Wrote: Hi There

I have fixed mine.

Let me know if you haven't and I will guide you through it as the instructions are not correct any more.

Thanks

David

smiley_b1

Can you give me some insight as to how you got the arduino files to compile? I am having the same error issue as above. I've tried different arduino releases and everything, but the error always occurs.

Thanks,
Brandon
(10-09-2016, 05:05 PM)BSprad Wrote:

I have fixed mine.

Thanks

David

smiley_b1

Can you give me some insight as to how you got the arduino files to compile? I am having the same error issue as above. I've tried different arduino releases and everything, but the error always occurs.

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi Brandon

Yes I can help.

The instructions listed on the threads don't seem to be correct I have found.

1. First of all uninstall all copies of Auduino
2. install Auduino 1.6.9
3. copy https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92 zip and unpack where you wish.
4. start Auduino 1.6.9
5. under tools menu >   board: >  select Boards Manager
6. that will bring up a new window.
7. the 2nd item on the list (Auduino SAM Boards) select
8 it will give you an install button and a version no. install version 1.6.8
9. go to "where you put it"\Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\cores\arduino\USB\ and copy USBCore.cpp to 'C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\cores\arduino\USB' and overwrite the file there.
10. now do the same with variant.cpp from '"where you put it"\Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x' to 'C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x' and over right that file.
11. start Auduino under tools select board > "Auduino Due (Native USB Port)
12. under port > check that the correct port is selected.
13. I also had programmer as "AuduinoISP"

compile.

after that it should work. it did for me.

I know it's long winded and more than likely you need but it might help others.

let me know how it goes.

Thanks
David.
(10-10-2016, 07:54 AM)smiley_b1 Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 05:05 PM)BSprad Wrote:

I have fixed mine.

Thanks

David

smiley_b1

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi Brandon

Yes I can help.

The instructions listed on the threads don't seem to be correct I have found.

1. First of all uninstall all copies of Auduino
2. install Auduino 1.6.9
3. copy https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92 zip and unpack where you wish.
4. start Auduino 1.6.9
5. under tools menu >   board: >  select Boards Manager
6. that will bring up a new window.
7. the 2nd item on the list (Auduino SAM Boards) select
8 it will give you an install button and a version no. install version 1.6.8
9. go to "where you put it"\Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\cores\arduino\USB\ and copy USBCore.cpp to 'C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\cores\arduino\USB' and overwrite the file there.
10. now do the same with variant.cpp from '"where you put it"\Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x' to 'C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x' and over right that file.
11. start Auduino under tools select board > "Auduino Due (Native USB Port)
12. under port > check that the correct port is selected.
13. I also had programmer as "AuduinoISP"

compile.

after that it should work. it did for me.

I know it's long winded and more than likely you need but it might help others.

let me know how it goes.

Thanks
David.
Smiley_b1,

Thanks for the info man, I finally got it to work. I just had enough time after work today to actually focus on working through the issues. Your instructions helped tremendously. Previously (I'm on Windows 10 btw) , I had just been going into the Arduino file location where I only found the AVR files. I downloaded the Sam 1.6.8 boards, and first try I tried to just go into the Arduino file again. Of course, I couldn't find the SAM files to copy. After a little more investigation, I found that I had to go into my C drive, click on my username, then in the top right under the view tab, check the box to show hidden folders. This brought up the appdata folder. Once I could actually find that folder, everything else was just as you described.

I had done this once before on my macbook pro, but once I upgraded and bought a desktop PC, I couldn't get the Arduino file to compile without errors. It all had to do with finding the local app data file.

So, if you upgrade to win 10, or help anyone out, have them search online on how to access appdata folder. It's super easy, but not really intuitive (for me at least). Now my printer is back!!!

Again, thanks for the help and your reply was not not long winded. If anything it was helpful to know that I needed to find that pesky app data file.

Thanks again, and happy printing!