Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
z home position
I have just finished installing the E3d v6 hot end on my davinci 1.0 and as expected the bed height is now off.  The bed height is about 3 mm too high.  I thought that this would be easily fixed with a adjustment to the 'z home pos' setting in the eeprom via repetier or the control panel but that does not seem to be the case.  When I adjust the settings there it doesn't actually change the physical height of the bed, only the reading of where the bed is in coordinates.  Is there a way to adjust this in software or eeprom settings or do I have to manually lower the bed using the adjustment knobs?  I leveled the bed before installing so I am trying to avoid messing with the adjustment that way.
(08-16-2016, 03:45 AM)bda714 Wrote: I have just finished installing the E3d v6 hot end on my davinci 1.0 and as expected the bed height is now off.  The bed height is about 3 mm too high.  I thought that this would be easily fixed with a adjustment to the 'z home pos' setting in the eeprom via repetier or the control panel but that does not seem to be the case.  When I adjust the settings there it doesn't actually change the physical height of the bed, only the reading of where the bed is in coordinates.  Is there a way to adjust this in software or eeprom settings or do I have to manually lower the bed using the adjustment knobs?  I leveled the bed before installing so I am trying to avoid messing with the adjustment that way.

While the fix can be made in software,  it is preferred to adjust the hardware.  Reason being,  if done in software an incorrect setting can cause the head to hit the bed resulting in significant damage.  Some have adjusted carriage height,  others the bed,  and I have seen reports of the optical sensor being moved.  Just a few options. 

Kieth