Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 errors never seen before
Question 
I have been using the repetier firmware on my davinci 1.0 since the very beginning and have never had this problem.  I haven't used the printer much and it had been a long time since I had so I decided to upgrade the firmware to the most recent version on Luc's GitHub.  I have been looking and have seen the issue with the bad connection and the problems after doing the E3d conversion but my hardware is completely stock at this point and the connection seems ok.  Whether that has anything to do with it or not I have no idea but here is what I am getting now...  Huh

Code:
22:15:14.740 : Error:One heater seems decoupled from thermistor - disabling all for safety!
22:15:14.744 : Error:Temp. raised to slow. Rise = 0.00 after 31226 ms

Also it seems that I remember the Z axis homing to -3.00 in the past and now mine goes to 0.00.  When I was able to actually start a print one time since the upgrade, the bed height was way too low and this is right after going through the leveling procedure.  Is that possibly the problem the -3 > 0?  What would I set the Z offset too in the slicer settings to make up for that(the bed being too low)?  -3 or +3?

Thank you to any advice that I can get.  I am anxious to get it going again so I can print the parts to do the E3d conversion.  If anyone has any recommendations on that as well I would love to hear which conversion kit / instructions I should use.
This is decoupling issue - something is not heating properly - what is you printer model ?
did you do any hardware change on your printer ?

please check the FAQ there are some topic about decouple error and some about thermistors
(08-09-2016, 08:14 AM)luc Wrote: This is decoupling issue - something is not heating properly - what is you printer model ?
did you do any hardware change on your printer ?

please check the FAQ there are some topic about decouple error and some about thermistors

I mentioned both in my original post, the model number is the 1.0a and there is no modifications to the hardware.  I did already check the connection mentioned in the numerous posts about this where the 2 pins often don't have great continuity but that connection seems to be sufficient.  Thanks for your time.
Original post is 1.0 not  1.0A Tongue - and it was not clear for me if you or did not the E3d conversion, that is why I have asked  Smile 

Also what version do you call most recent ? the 0.92.3 based (master)? or the 0.92.10 based (devt)? 

so as mentioned in FAQ: to check decouple issue => disable decouple test

what is the result ? does it heat ?
(08-09-2016, 08:55 AM)luc Wrote: Original post is 1.0 not  1.0A Tongue - and it was not clear for me if you or did not the E3d conversion, that is why I have asked  Smile 

Also what version do you call most recent ? the 0.92.3 based (master)? or the 0.92.10 based (devt)? 

so as mentioned in FAQ: to check decouple issue => disable decouple test

what is the result ? does it heat ?

Thank you Luc, once again you have given me the answer! Big Grin   Disabled the decouple test and had no change which led me to further investigation of the connector and after cleaning the contacts and bending them a little bit more for maximum surface contact area it finally started heating and heating fast!  Now I can start my journey on doing the E3d conversion.  Can you recommend a starting point on this?  I am looking on thingiverse and there are just so many different options.  I bought the E3d v6 conversion kit with the bowden parts but I am not sure if there I am understanding the bowden side of it enough so I might just bypass that.  There is more parts that I would need to buy to be able to do the bowden type right?  Also just if you could post a URL of where I should go for the conversion kit or the parts to print for mounting the new head.  There is so many options and I just dont know which one is best, it seems like a lot of work to do only to find out later that there is a much better option.  Thanks again.

ps... this is the one i am looking at simply because it seems to have the most likes and following...   E3D v6 hot end mod
Sorry I did not do any mod on my Davinci but add wifi - I am lazy to change extruder actually  Blush
The one you linked me is oscahie's one so I am sure it is ok ^_^

Happy printing,