Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AiO temperature + Request for 'simple' mod guide
I have an AiO
Firmware shows 1.1.6

I have only just replaced the starter cartridge.
Original cartridge printed ok, only problems were with quality of print due to the XYZWare, but I could work round them.

Now have a 'Snow White' cartridge installed.

Problem: the filament does not adhere to the platform in the way the original did.
              When the printer prints the two test lines, it then drags the two lines around the board.
              When printing, some circles appear unfinished and untidy, as if an amateur tried to ice a cake.

I believe that the temperatures of both the nozzle and bed are not high enough.  This filament is much firmer than the one provided with the printer, and I think it needs to be output at a higher temperature, and probably be a bit slower when traversing from one print point to another.

Printer showed the following temperatures immediately before print commenced:
Extruder: 213 Degrees C
Bed:         87Degrees C

I need to change those temperatures before attempting any other mods on my printer.

What is the simplest way to do this?
I know there are devices for hacking the chip on the print cartridge - do I just need to use one of these?  do I need to do anything else to the printer to enable temperature change?
If I need to do anything else, what do I need to do? Huh

Now for the second part, which is really just a continuation of the first part:

Can someone with a bit of experience create a simple question and answer for mods, such as :

I need to change the temperature of the extruder/bed: What do I need to do?

I need to change the temperature of the extruder/bed AND change the print speed: What do I need to do?

I am unhappy with the print quality -

a: which software do I need to us?
b: If I need to use the xxxx software above, where do I install it?
c: If I use the above xxxx software, do I need to learn any code in order to use it?
D: As Above, what code do I need to learn, how do I create/edit this, and where should the code end up?

I want to update the firmware on my machine with something other than that provided by XYZ.

a: where is the firmware stored on my machine?
b: Do I need to physically access any part of my machine in order to update the firmware?
c: If I need to physically access my machine, what precautions do I need to take?
d: Can the firmware be updated over the USB port connection?
e: If I don't like the update, can I revert back to another official version?
f: Will I lose any functionality?
(on the AiO, this is obviously going to be different to their other offerings)

If I want to build a machine to take over the world, how long will it take on my unmodded AiO? Tongue

Well, you can ignore the last one, but I have found that many people are experts, and when posting, miss out the vital fact that those of us asking are actually pretty dumb, and don't always ask the right questions.

Right now I am more interested in my first question, as my printer may as well be a block of wood....which my wife would promptly burn, as the damn thing is taking up a lot of space... Big Grin
(08-07-2016, 10:31 AM)AndyTake2 Wrote: I have an AiO
Firmware shows 1.1.6

I have only just replaced the starter cartridge.
Original cartridge printed ok, only problems were with quality of print due to the XYZWare, but I could work round them.

Now have a 'Snow White' cartridge installed.

Problem: the filament does not adhere to the platform in the way the original did.
              When the printer prints the two test lines, it then drags the two lines around the board.
              When printing, some circles appear unfinished and untidy, as if an amateur tried to ice a cake.

I believe that the temperatures of both the nozzle and bed are not high enough.  This filament is much firmer than the one provided with the printer, and I think it needs to be output at a higher temperature, and probably be a bit slower when traversing from one print point to another.

Printer showed the following temperatures immediately before print commenced:
Extruder: 213 Degrees C
Bed:         87Degrees C

I need to change those temperatures before attempting any other mods on my printer.

What is the simplest way to do this?
I know there are devices for hacking the chip on the print cartridge - do I just need to use one of these?  do I need to do anything else to the printer to enable temperature change?
If I need to do anything else, what do I need to do? Huh

Now for the second part, which is really just a continuation of the first part:

Can someone with a bit of experience create a simple question and answer for mods, such as :

I need to change the temperature of the extruder/bed: What do I need to do?

I need to change the temperature of the extruder/bed AND change the print speed: What do I need to do?

I am unhappy with the print quality -

a: which software do I need to us?
b: If I need to use the xxxx software above, where do I install it?
c: If I use the above xxxx software, do I need to learn any code in order to use it?
D: As Above, what code do I need to learn, how do I create/edit this, and where should the code end up?

I want to update the firmware on my machine with something other than that provided by XYZ.

a: where is the firmware stored on my machine?
b: Do I need to physically access any part of my machine in order to update the firmware?
c: If I need to physically access my machine, what precautions do I need to take?
d: Can the firmware be updated over the USB port connection?
e: If I don't like the update, can I revert back to another official version?
f: Will I lose any functionality?
(on the AiO, this is obviously going to be different to their other offerings)

If I want to build a machine to take over the world, how long will it take on my unmodded AiO? Tongue

Well, you can ignore the last one, but I have found that many people are experts, and when posting, miss out the vital fact that those of us asking are actually pretty dumb, and don't always ask the right questions.

Right now I am more interested in my first question, as my printer may as well be a block of wood....which my wife would promptly burn, as the damn thing is taking up a lot of space... Big Grin

Xyz cartridges adjust temp for their settings since you are using stock firmware.  You shouldn't need to change the temperature unless this is not a stock cartridge. 

What are you using on the bed for the filament to stick to?  Glue?  Hairspray?  Tape? 

I suspect you may need to check the bed level (use the manual method) and du a different method for the print to stick to. 

Kieth