Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto bed leveling Da Vinci not working
Hi everyone Smile

I'm running an XYZPrinting Da Vinci 1.0 AiO unit with Repetier firmware 0.92. Initially, everything was working well, but it seems my auto bed leveling suddenly won't work anymore.

The unit heats up the bed and extruder and then homes x, y, and z like normal. However, when it starts to measure the offsets, it just skims over the 3 corners of the bed without moving the Z axis at all. It reads -9.460 mm offset on each point and it's done in a matter of 3-4 seconds.

Is there anything I can check to see what is going on with this? I know that manually levelling the bed is usually the recommendation, but I'd really like to figure out what's going on with the auto-leveling.

Thanks in advance!
(08-05-2016, 07:03 AM)chronostorm Wrote: Hi everyone Smile

I'm running an XYZPrinting Da Vinci 1.0 AiO unit with Repetier firmware 0.92. Initially, everything was working well, but it seems my auto bed leveling suddenly won't work anymore.

The unit heats up the bed and extruder and then homes x, y, and z like normal. However, when it starts to measure the offsets, it just skims over the 3 corners of the bed without moving the Z axis at all. It reads -9.460 mm offset on each point and it's done in a matter of 3-4 seconds.

Is there anything I can check to see what is going on with this? I know that manually levelling the bed is usually the recommendation, but I'd really like to figure out what's going on with the auto-leveling.

Thanks in advance!

I think your z is too excessive for auto leveling to work. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that the firmware is looking for you to be very close to zero to start with.  

Most most of us gave up on automatic leveling a long time ago. It is frankly unreliable no matter who's firmware  is running on the machine. The reality is once properly calibrated there is very little need to make any adjustments for leveling at all. I literally have not touched bed leveling and several. Manual is more accurate, and generally easier on the machine.  Jmo... 

Kieth
I've got the same issue with my 1.0a its putting up readings of (-5.039,-5.352,-5.698) and i cant seem to get it to work