Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Da Vinci 1.1 Plus - 0060 error code?
I purchased a new (though it appeared to be a store returned unit) Da Vinci 1.1 Plus today. The price was too good to pass up but now I guess I know why. I could take it back, but they would never give me this price on another non-clearance unit, even if they had one in stock, which they don't. I'd like to try and get this functioning if I can.

So powering on the printer seems to work fine. The touch screen display goes through all of it's startup process and I am able to navigate through menus. I can even get the wifi up. When I try to prin from the samples, I get a 0060 error which seems to be some sort of communication error. I assume it can't talk to the engine board. No temp is shown for the bed and the filament info shows zero remaining and something that says Dummy somethingorother.

As for the engine board itself, It powers up, has three red LEDs that stay lit. If I plug in a laptop to the USB port, it shows up as connected on COM6. The XYZ software is able to read the serial number, firmware version, etc. Attempts to update the firmware from there are unsuccessful. It doesn't do anything. 

I almost think that the two boards in the system aren't talking o each other, but I am certainly a novice with any of this. Can it possibly be bad firmware? Being a store return I wonder if someone flashed it, bricked it then returned it. That wouldn't surprise me. Any way I can get this working? I'm sure it is under warranty so I could go to XYZ for support if needed.
So I ended up having to RMA the printer. XYZ was extremely accommodating and provided a prepaid shipping label. I packed it all up and shipped it out last Monday. It arrived in their office on Friday and I received confirmation that the printer was repaired and being sent back. As I suspected, they needed to swap out the engine board. They even sent me pictures and a video of the printer actually printing a sample. Now I just need to wait the 5 days for it to ship back to me. It would have been easier for them to just ship me the board to replace but they had warranty concerns about that. Looking forward to being able to print with it.
(08-08-2016, 11:25 PM)Ev1lTw1n Wrote: So I ended up having to RMA the printer. XYZ was extremely accommodating and provided a prepaid shipping label. I packed it all up and shipped it out last Monday. It arrived in their office on Friday and I received confirmation that the printer was repaired and being sent back. As I suspected, they needed to swap out the engine board. They even sent me pictures and a video of the printer actually printing a sample. Now I just need to wait the 5 days for it to ship back to me. It would have been easier for them to just ship me the board to replace but they had warranty concerns about that. Looking forward to being able to print with it.

Thanks for the follow up,  glad to hear Xyz is taking care of you. 

Kieth