Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davinci 1.0a wont heat up properly
Hello

I have a DaVinci 1.0A with Repetier Host running on it. I have put a e3d v6 on it. When i want to heat up my davinci it goes to 150c-170c and it stops then. After a couple of seconds it says heater decoupled. When i turn it off wait until it cools down and i turn it on again it shows 28c my room tempature but when i try again i get the same story. 
i have done some things.

I get 11.6V to my extruder. 

I have replaced the NTC with a new 100K NTC because the old one broke.

I have replaced the fuse of the heater because it blew one time. It is a 4amp fast blow fuse. I have tried without the fuse but still got the same problem.

I have not on purpose shorted my NTC pins so that the resistance of the NTC was 0 ohms. Could this have broken some parts? 

I have tried 2 different heaters both with a resistance of 3.7 ohm.

I hope someone can help me with a solution. I can replace SMD parts on the board if needed.

greetings Sieuwe
On lucs git there are instructions to bypass the decouple. I would suggest doing it as a test only. It will give you a good idea of where the problem is.

Kieth
Heey Kieth 

Sorry for the late replay. I don't understand how that will help me finding the problem?

I have bought a cheap ramps 1.4 kit so i am going to install that if nobody knows a fix. I have read already thread's over the upgrade and i saw your name alot. Can you give me some advice before i start?

Greetings Sieuwe
(08-01-2016, 10:45 PM)sieuwe01 Wrote: Heey Kieth 

Sorry for the late replay. I don't understand how that will help me finding the problem?

I have bought a cheap ramps 1.4 kit so i am going to install that if nobody knows a fix. I have read already thread's over the upgrade and i saw your name alot. Can you give me some advice before i start?

Greetings Sieuwe
Decouple is a known issue.  If your temperature readings show room temperature comma and the temperature goes up when you attempt to heat and then you experience then Luc's GitHub will likely fix your problem.

If the temperatures are completely off then you might have the wrong thermistor table. 

Kieth 

Greetings Sieuwe
Decouple is a known issue.  If your temperature readings show room temperature and the temperature goes up when you attempt to heat and then you experience decouple then it is likely the solution at  Luc's GitHub will fix your problem.

If the temperatures are completely off then you might have the wrong thermistor table or something wrong on the pcb. 

Kieth 

(08-02-2016, 02:27 AM)Kieth Wrote:

Greetings Sieuwe
Decouple is a known issue.  If your temperature readings show room temperature and the temperature goes up when you attempt to heat and then you experience decouple then it is likely the solution at  Luc's GitHub will fix your problem.

If the temperatures are completely off then you might have the wrong thermistor table or something wrong on the pcb. 

Kieth 

Don't rule out that you could also have a bad heater. 

Just a thought. 

Kieth
Might not be your problem, but I had an issue once I installed a layer cooling fan (a centrifugal blower type). With the fan blowing, it was cooling the extruder head enough to cause the decoupling error. The solution I used was to install a shield between the fan and the extruder head to guide the air away from it. Eventually, I'll consider building a proper nozzle for the blower.
Hello

Thanks Kieth i will check out his github. The printer did one print perfect with nothing changed in the software with the e3dv6 hotend. And a day later it had the decuople problem so not sure if the software is the blame but i will check it.

I have changed the heater already with a new one but still had the same problem.

I am going to try the old carrige and old nozzle to check if the e3dv6 is broken or that the fan from the e3dv6 blows all the heat away. 

Greetings Sieuwe