Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new da vinci 1.1 plus owner with questions
Hello I was wondering if anyone has experience flashing repetier onto da Vinci 1.1 plus. Do I just follow instructions for the da Vinci 1.0 or 1.0a? 

There aren't any instructions anywhere that specify that repetier works on the 1.1 plus; there are only instructions that specify they work on the 1.0, 1.0a and 2.0, 2.0a models.  The motherboard looks similar to the 1.0a but I'd rather be certain because it says it clears out the serial number the stuff and I'm not sure now to revert to stick firmware in case it doesn't work. I just bought the da Vinci 1.1 plus and updated everything to the most recent xyzware and most recent firmware to 1.1n and have had problems since I bought it. I don't mind a little hard work to get the printer to work and I'd rather not buy a mega/ramps setup just to get the printer to work. I'm certain its a problem with the motherboard and/or the software on the motherboard and not anything else.

The printer was a "new open box" item. I have three problems with the printer. (1) When I load the filament in it says "ABS Dummy", (2) the hotend and heated bed never heats up but do give a reading on temperatures, and (3) any homing commands or manual movements or will instead only move the X and Y to the home position. The Z axis refuses to move.

Im assuming the last person to own it messed up the motherboard because I did flash the latest firmware onto the printer which should have fixed software problems. 

So my question is can i safely flash repetier onto a 1.1 plus using the 1.0a instructions and if it fails is there any way to revert back to stock firmware?

Thank you very much for any reply and any assistance.

-applesan
no do not do that, repetier fw do not support 1.1 plus, that is why it is not mentioned  in list

and big chances you cannot revert back to stock
I was so tempted to do it but glad I didn't. Thanks for the reply!   Wink
NP

May I know what it the MCU used on 1.1 plus ?
(06-28-2016, 11:22 AM)luc Wrote: NP

Atmel ATSAM3X8E (if that's what an MCU is). I just got my 1.1 Plus the other day. I'm happy to provide info if it helps. Just tell me what you need. I'm still trying to get mine to work as it seems to have bad firmware right out of the box. Working with XYZ and hoping they will RMA the unit or just the engine board, prefereably just the board.
(07-28-2016, 01:42 PM)Ev1lTw1n Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 11:22 AM)luc Wrote: NP

Atmel ATSAM3X8E (if that's what an MCU is). I just got my 1.1 Plus the other day. I'm happy to provide info if it helps. Just tell me what you need. I'm still trying to get mine to work as it seems to have bad firmware right out of the box. Working with XYZ and hoping they will RMA the unit or just the engine board, prefereably just the board.

Hi All, really need some help. I flashed mt 1.1 plus and now it hs no firmware :-(
Had the unit for only 1 week and had issues with the cartridge not being recognized (even though it was new) and read all the positive articles in Repetier.
Is there a way to recover the printer?
Thanks
From what I have read up to this point, the 1.1 Plus cannot be flashed with Repetier or you will brick it. I was fortunate that when I purchased my 1.1 Plus as an open-box clearance, it already had bad firmware. I suspect someone had tried to flash it, bricked it and returned it to the store. I contacted XYZ the day I bought the printer to open a support case. They ultimately issued an RMA, I shipped the printer to them and they replaced the engine board. The printer is on its way back to me now. Perhaps you can see if they will service it under warranty. Good luck.
(08-12-2016, 11:41 PM)Ev1lTw1n Wrote: From what I have read up to this point, the 1.1 Plus cannot be flashed with Repetier or you will brick it. I was fortunate that when I purchased my 1.1 Plus as an open-box clearance, it already had bad firmware. I suspect someone had tried to flash it, bricked it and returned it to the store. I contacted XYZ the day I bought the printer to open a support case. They ultimately issued an RMA, I shipped the printer to them and they replaced the engine board. The printer is on its way back to me now. Perhaps you can see if they will service it under warranty. Good luck.

Don't flash firmware,  of it doesn't work stock it isn't going to work with another firmware.  I suspect you have another problem,  bad driver,  broken wire,  something unplugged,  etc. 

Also I have had a report the pinout file used by xy,  during the factory firmware install is different,  which could explain why we can't yet flash it back.  I haven't come across one of these printers for sale cheap enough to buy in order to see what's going on.

Kieth
(09-01-2016, 01:10 AM)Kieth Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 11:41 PM)Ev1lTw1n Wrote: From what I have read up to this point, the 1.1 Plus cannot be flashed with Repetier or you will brick it. I was fortunate that when I purchased my 1.1 Plus as an open-box clearance, it already had bad firmware. I suspect someone had tried to flash it, bricked it and returned it to the store. I contacted XYZ the day I bought the printer to open a support case. They ultimately issued an RMA, I shipped the printer to them and they replaced the engine board. The printer is on its way back to me now. Perhaps you can see if they will service it under warranty. Good luck.

Don't flash firmware,  of it doesn't work stock it isn't going to work with another firmware.  I suspect you have another problem,  bad driver,  broken wire,  something unplugged,  etc. 

Also I have had a report the pinout file used by xy,  during the factory firmware install is different,  which could explain why we can't yet flash it back.  I haven't come across one of these printers for sale cheap enough to buy in order to see what's going on.

Kieth

I'd be happy to provide what information I can regarding my printer, if it would be helpful. I've already taken a number of good quality photos of the engine board. I practically had the whole thing apart before I RMA'd it, looking for loose connections and such. Let me know if I can help.