Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I installed the right FW?
Hi Guys,
I have been having so many probs with Repetier FW 0.92 that I am starting to wonder if I have installed the correct one.
I installed this one https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92      - which I believe is the Beta version.
Lots of past issues with the Firmware (which I seem to have now) were raised here https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-F.../issues/94
Is there a later version where lots of these issues have been fixed? sorry I am not machine code literate so need a PNP version please. 

Where can I find the absolute latest stable Repetier FW for my da vinci 2.0A printer?
cheers
Nick
This is the latest version, it is in beta because still sync with original which is not 1.0 

If you want pnp printer version you should not take repetier FW neither use repetier host / cura slicer - they have lot of settings that if not properly used will ruin your print.

With every opensource FW you need to understand GCODE but you claim not willing to, it is bad because most of problems you mentioned are GCODE related and not fw issues

I suggest you to erase with jumper the board and contact support to say you had issue durring latest fw update - they will ask you to send your board and will return one with stock FW - and i suggest you to stick with to have pnp printer with no settings and no issue.
(05-15-2016, 01:39 AM)luc Wrote: This is the latest version, it is in beta because still sync with original which is not 1.0 

If you want pnp printer version you should not take repetier FW neither use repetier host / cura slicer - they have lot of settings that if not properly used will ruin your print.

With every opensource FW you need to understand GCODE but you claim not willing to, it is bad because most of problems you mentioned are GCODE related and not fw issues

I suggest you to erase with jumper the board and contact support to say you had issue durring latest fw update - they will ask you to send your board and will return one with stock FW - and i suggest you to stick with to have pnp printer with no settings and no issue.

Hi Luc,
I think you are right. I have contacted XYZ and now will see what happens.
I would still prefer to use Repetier FW, so is there a fixed up GCode that I can copy and paste to try it once more?
There seems to have been a lot done to fix these issues. Hopefully I can try something.
thanks.