Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Communication Issues
Just flashed my new 1.0A to Repetier 0.92, which went smoothly.  However, I cannot connect to the printer with Repetier Host.  I just get "No start signal detected - forcing start" and "Communication timeout - reset send buffer block"

Settings:
Port Com33
Baud Rate: 230400
Transfer Protocol: Autodetect
Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command and reconnect
Receive Cache Size: 127
Use Ping Pong: unchecked

I know my arduino files are correct because I successfully flashed an AIO and it works fine.  I switched to "#define DAVINCI 1" and "#define MODEL 1".  I tried multiple USB cables.  Flashed several times.  Nothing helps.  What's the deal?
(05-06-2016, 05:44 AM)ne14pez Wrote: Just flashed my new 1.0A to Repetier 0.92, which went smoothly.  However, I cannot connect to the printer with Repetier Host.  I just get "No start signal detected - forcing start" and "Communication timeout - reset send buffer block"

Settings:
Port Com33
Baud Rate: 230400
Transfer Protocol: Autodetect
Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command and reconnect
Receive Cache Size: 127
Use Ping Pong: unchecked

I know my arduino files are correct because I successfully flashed an AIO and it works fine.  I switched to "#define DAVINCI 1" and "#define MODEL 1".  I tried multiple USB cables.  Flashed several times.  Nothing helps.  What's the deal?
> Use Ping Pong: unchecked
Use Ping Pong must be checked 
Checking Ping Pong does not fix it. Also, I did not have Ping Pong checked on the AIO that I flashed and is working.

I do not know what else to try. Any other ideas?
Ping pong checked is recommended to ensure good communication
It is not flashing issue -  no need to reflash, it is more likely a port or OS problem

What is your OS ?
What repetier host version do you use ?
Do you use same usb port and same computer for both printer ?
Ok, never mind.  I tried using another computer and it works.  The weird thing is that I can connect to my other printer running ramps 1.4 just fine.  So for some reason, that computer just doesn't work with the davinci 1.0a.  At this point, all I can think of is to either get a different computer to run my printers or buy a wifi SD card.

To answer you questions though, I am running windows 7 with Repetier Host 1.6.1.  And yes, I use the same USB port for both printers.  They show up as different ports though and I just have to change that in printer settings.