Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need new nozzles
#1
Anyone know where I can get replacement nozzles for my Da Vinci 2.0, mine are bent? I can't even find a replacement Extruder. I was thinking of putting an MK8 hotend and nozzle but not sure how that will work.
Reply
#2
I upgraded my 1.0A to use a chinese knockoff MK8 which lasted a few weeks before I changed to an E3D. I would suggest saving your pennies and doing it right the first time. I still have the old extruder though. Would one nozzle help you out? What exactly is bent?
Reply
#3
(04-15-2016, 03:07 AM)Menneset Wrote: I upgraded my 1.0A to use a chinese knockoff MK8 which lasted a few weeks before I changed to an E3D. I would suggest saving your pennies and doing it right the first time. I still have the old extruder though. Would one nozzle help you out? What exactly is bent?

I decided to upgrade to E3D nozzles. I've already started but the challenge is getting the tips level. I also would like to figure out how to integrate the filament sensor with the E3D.
Reply
#4
(04-15-2016, 04:15 PM)broy55 Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 03:07 AM)Menneset Wrote: I upgraded my 1.0A to use a chinese knockoff MK8 which lasted a few weeks before I changed to an E3D. I would suggest saving your pennies and doing it right the first time. I still have the old extruder though. Would one nozzle help you out? What exactly is bent?

I decided to upgrade to E3D nozzles. I've already started but the challenge is getting the tips level. I also would like to figure out how to integrate the filament sensor with the E3D.


What did you use to mount the hotends? I modified a design and came up with this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1344230 which I use right now.  I also found that you can cut the metal bracket to remove the legs that held the hotends and use the electronics without modification to anything else. 

I've included the best picture I could find, you'll need to cut the bracket somewhere near the red line.  It should make sense if you just try to mount the bracket to the assembly because these legs are the only thing in the way.  The sensors also make it easier to load new filament because they guide it in rather than having that hole section unconstrained.


Attached Files Image(s)
   
Reply
#5
(04-18-2016, 01:06 PM)tjb1 Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 04:15 PM)broy55 Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 03:07 AM)Menneset Wrote: I upgraded my 1.0A to use a chinese knockoff MK8 which lasted a few weeks before I changed to an E3D. I would suggest saving your pennies and doing it right the first time. I still have the old extruder though. Would one nozzle help you out? What exactly is bent?

I decided to upgrade to E3D nozzles. I've already started but the challenge is getting the tips level. I also would like to figure out how to integrate the filament sensor with the E3D.


What did you use to mount the hotends? I modified a design and came up with this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1344230 which I use right now.  I also found that you can cut the metal bracket to remove the legs that held the hotends and use the electronics without modification to anything else. 

I've included the best picture I could find, you'll need to cut the bracket somewhere near the red line.  It should make sense if you just try to mount the bracket to the assembly because these legs are the only thing in the way.  The sensors also make it easier to load new filament because they guide it in rather than having that hole section unconstrained.

---------------

I went with this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:744356

I
posted pictures in the link and was able to finally get everything working. I couldn't use the single piece mount because the E3D wouldn't lineup.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)