Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep .92 on AiO help!! Can't get rid of black bars
Hi.  I'm a noob here 

I got a AiO a month ago and made quite a few prints with it as well as terrible ones due to malfunctions.  So Last night I decided I wanted to flash to repetier .92 due to positive feedback.   I download the FW from GitHub, Arduino and followed the instructions.  Flashed my AiO and loaded the FW.   Black bars Huh .  Deleted all the files and arduino, re-downloaded , repeated the procedure. Confused  Same results. Wash rinse repeat again!  Same thing Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong.  I've watched numerous tutorials and read procedures dozens of times.  Visited numerous forums
Even donated $10 out of desperation to repetier for support and they said "sorry can't help with that". (Bummer and a waste)  
I'm in panic mode and I just want to get my printer up and running again.  I have parts I need to make for a project (I know shame on me for not waiting til I was done).   Cause now I just have hunk of useless and expensive metal and plastic 

After I get off work I'm going to make a video of me going through the procedure as I interpreted and post.  Maybe that will give you guys a better idea.   Btw I'm on Mac OS 10 El Capitan 

I appreciate any help at all and want to give thanks in advance.
Have you figured this out yet?  I am ready to flash my 1.0 aio to repeater .92 but I am nervous because of your response.  Do the newer printers have some sort of protection against this?  Thanks.
black bars are usually due to variant.cpp file is not correct - means you did not put in proper location to replace the due one
(03-22-2016, 04:09 PM)Tfarmbruster Wrote: Hi.  I'm a noob here 

I got a AiO a month ago and made quite a few prints with it as well as terrible ones due to malfunctions.  So Last night I decided I wanted to flash to repetier .92 due to positive feedback.   I download the FW from GitHub, Arduino and followed the instructions.  Flashed my AiO and loaded the FW.   Black bars Huh .  Deleted all the files and arduino, re-downloaded , repeated the procedure. Confused  Same results. Wash rinse repeat again!  Same thing Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong.  I've watched numerous tutorials and read procedures dozens of times.  Visited numerous forums
Even donated $10 out of desperation to repetier for support and they said "sorry can't help with that". (Bummer and a waste)  
I'm in panic mode and I just want to get my printer up and running again.  I have parts I need to make for a project (I know shame on me for not waiting til I was done).   Cause now I just have hunk of useless and expensive metal and plastic 

After I get off work I'm going to make a video of me going through the procedure as I interpreted and post.  Maybe that will give you guys a better idea.   Btw I'm on Mac OS 10 El Capitan 

I appreciate any help at all and want to give thanks in advance.

i can send my version its a bin file whit all you need to get it up and running
i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/firmware.zip
(04-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Kimse Wrote: i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/download/DAVinci10Firmware.zip

hi again the link does not seam to work ?? don't think I can get on with retertier thanks
(03-30-2017, 05:45 PM)freddiefreddie Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Kimse Wrote: i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/download/DAVinci10Firmware.zip

hi again the link does not seam to work ?? don't think I can get on with retertier thanks
i just fix the link so it works now http://rc-sjov.dk/firmware.zip
Repetier .92 for DaVinci AIO All-In-one 3D Printer.

I have been trying for over a month to load this from Arduino, I can load binaries with Bossac but was never able to create one, only hex files that would load but no results.
I wish to say Thank you, Thank you, not enough. Thanks again.