Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep .92 on AiO help!! Can't get rid of black bars
Hi.  I'm a noob here 

I got a AiO a month ago and made quite a few prints with it as well as terrible ones due to malfunctions.  So Last night I decided I wanted to flash to repetier .92 due to positive feedback.   I download the FW from GitHub, Arduino and followed the instructions.  Flashed my AiO and loaded the FW.   Black bars Huh .  Deleted all the files and arduino, re-downloaded , repeated the procedure. Confused  Same results. Wash rinse repeat again!  Same thing Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong.  I've watched numerous tutorials and read procedures dozens of times.  Visited numerous forums
Even donated $10 out of desperation to repetier for support and they said "sorry can't help with that". (Bummer and a waste)  
I'm in panic mode and I just want to get my printer up and running again.  I have parts I need to make for a project (I know shame on me for not waiting til I was done).   Cause now I just have hunk of useless and expensive metal and plastic 

After I get off work I'm going to make a video of me going through the procedure as I interpreted and post.  Maybe that will give you guys a better idea.   Btw I'm on Mac OS 10 El Capitan 

I appreciate any help at all and want to give thanks in advance.
Have you figured this out yet?  I am ready to flash my 1.0 aio to repeater .92 but I am nervous because of your response.  Do the newer printers have some sort of protection against this?  Thanks.
black bars are usually due to variant.cpp file is not correct - means you did not put in proper location to replace the due one
(03-22-2016, 04:09 PM)Tfarmbruster Wrote: Hi.  I'm a noob here 

I got a AiO a month ago and made quite a few prints with it as well as terrible ones due to malfunctions.  So Last night I decided I wanted to flash to repetier .92 due to positive feedback.   I download the FW from GitHub, Arduino and followed the instructions.  Flashed my AiO and loaded the FW.   Black bars Huh .  Deleted all the files and arduino, re-downloaded , repeated the procedure. Confused  Same results. Wash rinse repeat again!  Same thing Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong.  I've watched numerous tutorials and read procedures dozens of times.  Visited numerous forums
Even donated $10 out of desperation to repetier for support and they said "sorry can't help with that". (Bummer and a waste)  
I'm in panic mode and I just want to get my printer up and running again.  I have parts I need to make for a project (I know shame on me for not waiting til I was done).   Cause now I just have hunk of useless and expensive metal and plastic 

After I get off work I'm going to make a video of me going through the procedure as I interpreted and post.  Maybe that will give you guys a better idea.   Btw I'm on Mac OS 10 El Capitan 

I appreciate any help at all and want to give thanks in advance.

i can send my version its a bin file whit all you need to get it up and running
i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/firmware.zip
(04-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Kimse Wrote: i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/download/DAVinci10Firmware.zip

hi again the link does not seam to work ?? don't think I can get on with retertier thanks
(03-30-2017, 05:45 PM)freddiefreddie Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Kimse Wrote: i use this on my davinci 1.0 aio and it works hope it can help some one here all you need http://rc-sjov.dk/download/DAVinci10Firmware.zip

hi again the link does not seam to work ?? don't think I can get on with retertier thanks
i just fix the link so it works now http://rc-sjov.dk/firmware.zip
Repetier .92 for DaVinci AIO All-In-one 3D Printer.

I have been trying for over a month to load this from Arduino, I can load binaries with Bossac but was never able to create one, only hex files that would load but no results.
I wish to say Thank you, Thank you, not enough. Thanks again.
(05-29-2017, 07:04 PM)lreeves Wrote: Repetier .92 for DaVinci AIO All-In-one 3D Printer.

I have been trying for over a month to load this from Arduino, I can load binaries with Bossac but was never able to create one, only hex files that would load but no results.
I wish to say Thank you, Thank you, not enough. Thanks again.

Thank you sooooo much for this.  I've been using Arduino and files from other youtube videos and no matter what I kept getting two black bars.  In less than 60 seconds I had you zip file extracted, copied the files to the right locations, used device manager to confirm the port (updated line from readme.txt) and ran the command from cmd with admi rights.  After executing I power cycled the printer - and YAY!!! it worked.   Thanks a million for helping me un-brick my printer.   Heart Big Grin