Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashed to Repetier issues
So I recently have flashed my 2.0 to repetier after I bricked my printer and I cannot get it to work. I have input settings that people have posted and everything is centered but it will not stick to the bed. I was getting good prints with XYZ firmware and after I flashed, I leveled the bed and was able to get a good layer or two and then the print would just fall apart. Any recommendations is appreciated! .92 firmware is the one I installed. I am using repetier host.

Also I have downloaded simplify3d but I cannot get it to connect to the printer. Only repetier host will connect to it. I have checked baud rate and com ports. Just will not find it.
I recently flashed my 2.0 and use CURA.  I don't have any issues.  What material are you trying to run?  There is a Facebook group XYZ DaVinci User Group that I have all of my stuff posted on. 

When you leveled the bed did you use a piece of paper and move the nozzle around from corner to corner and feel a little drag on the paper?  That is how I leveled mine.  Works great.

I run ABS a lot and have the bed at 110C and the Extruder at 240C
Thanks for your reply. I am using Repetier Host and using Slic3r to slice. I am doing ABS as well but I was told to do the bed at 90 and extruder at 230? Would you recommend I go higher in temp? Also I am using that same technique to level my bed with the piece of paper.

Should I try and use Cura?
Personally, I've been printing at 110C Bed and 240C Extruder for months and I've not had any bonding issues or seen any separation.  These are also the setting we are using on a Lulzbot Taz5 at work for ABS.
to get S3D to connect to the printer In S3D go to tools, firmware configuration, communication and set flow control to hardware, S3D should now connect

110c bed temp here and 220 extruder, but extruder temp really depends on what best for your filament
(04-07-2016, 03:45 PM)weirdguy Wrote: to get S3D to connect to the printer In S3D go to tools, firmware configuration, communication and set flow control to hardware, S3D should now connect

110c bed temp here and 220 extruder, but extruder temp really depends on what best for your filament

YEP THAT WORKED FOR ME. S3D now connects!

Hi Guys,
From what I have been reading in various forums, there appears to be people that have the same generic problems trying to get their printer to work properly.
Some use Repetier Host, others use Simplify 3D and the issues are similar.
they are:
1. - Extruders are swapped and instead of emptying into their respective waste bins (ie. Left Ext into Left Bin, Right into right) they empty/ooze on the wrong side of the build plate.
2. - X, Y and Z offsets for home position are not right and need to be adjusted (especially Z as nozzles run into the glass plate)
3. - Printing with the wrong nozzle
4. - after pressing emergency stop during a print, the bed down function does not work

I am sure there are some others that I cannot think of right now, but it seems that most of us are having the same problems with their DV 2.0's
Has anyone out there actually addressed these problems and got their machine to work right?
Please share your solutions with the rest of us....please..