Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying M100 to accept T commands
I am currently trying to modify M100 to accept T commands to allow a specific extruder on 2.0 models to be cleaned using T1 or T2 rather than both being cleaned. The problem is that I am not very knowledgeable in C so I have been playing around in a fork trying to get it to compile with Travis. The Commands.cpp took a while to get it to compile and even with it passing I am not sure if it is correct.

The code in question is -
//Davinci Specific, Clean noozle and light management
        case 100:
            if(com->T == 1)
                if(com->T == 2)

I've added cleanNozzle1 and cleanNozzle2 to Printer.cpp, they are the same as cleanNozzle except in each one the other nozzle wipe is removed from the sections that apply to models 2 or 3. I've done a copy of them because I was not sure how to handle something like "M100 T1" being sent from a printer that isn't a 2.0 so by copying the entire code they should just be sent to the normal cleaning routine.

If anyone would like to take a look at my changes to verify or help, my fork is here -
The files changed are Commands.cpp, Printer.cpp and Printer.h. I think I got everything required just because it finally passed in Travis but I will test it tonight. I didn't want to do a pull request yet because I am sure there is a cleaner way of "error handling" than just copying it, it would be ideal to check the "MODEL" variable in Commands.cpp but I am not sure how to do that.

The goal of this is to be able to send M100 T1 and clean extruder 1 only or send M100 T2 and clean extruder 2 only; M100 should do both. The numbers could also be 0 and 1 which I think is how most slicers reference them.