Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Vinci 2.0 Duo Repetier install - Sorry New
Hello,
I am new to this and just got a Da Vinci 2.0 Duo for christmas (under Tree) I am looking to find out if this model is mod able and if there is a guide / video to how to do it. I seen all kinds for the 1.0 and 1.0a but nothing for 2.0

thanks for the help
Just going to add my name to this list because I have one under the tree as well. What I know is my box says 2.0A, purchased from Newegg on Nov 23. Everything I've read says it will work fine and I think Luc even has a 2.0, the only thing I've read bad is that the stock firmware can't be flashed onto the A models due to encryption. Either way I'll give it a shot once I get back from my parents with mine, otherwise I have a Rambo, Smoothieboard, and several extra Ramps that I'm sure will fit inside just fine.

What I've gathered is that our boards will require us to short JP37 due to being an A model, we must use Arduino IDE 1.5.8 and the rest of the instructions are on Luc's github as far as what to copy into the folders.

Also, can anyone clarify the build area of the 2.0? The website says "Maximum Build Volume (HxWxD) 5.9H x 7.8W x 7.8D inch 15x20x20cm)" but it seems very odd to me that the height is different from 1.0 models and all the pictures that I've seen make it appear as though the X axis is the short axis which I assume is due to the second dump box.
1.0 / 1.0A
Theorical print area:
X : 200mm
Y : 200mm
Z : 200mm

2.0 / 2.0A
Theorical print area:
X : 150mm // Due to second drip box
Z : 200mm

AiO:
Theorical print area:
X : 200mm
Z : 190mm //Due to scanner support
So the steps should be the same for these new ones as well? Like the OP, I haven't seen many posts about the 2.0 nor any that have been recent. I assume unless they did a major change that all is the same and we're good to go.
yes
https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8828
Here a few images of the box.[Image: IMG_0595.JPG][Image: IMG_0596.JPG]
Also wanted to see if something goes wrong and i brick the unit i saw some direction on here for unbricking it do anyone know if there has been a successful unbrick of the 2.0
The only way I know to brick the printer is to fry it by doing a short that fry the MCU or if you are lucky just blow the fuses.
the short happen usually:
1 - if you do some modding / soldering and do not pay attention
2 - due to poor quality of wiring do not play moving cables you will likely broke something and may be generate a short
3 - the most common - when cleaning the nozzle with metal brush and go too close to sensor/heater connection and generate a short

if MCU is not fry but only the fuse there are several threads to explain how to fix it in different ways (using SMD or cable with fuse support)
if MCU is fry -> the only way is support = change the board