Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash back to stock?
How hard is it to flash from repetier to stock.
Newbie here. I am not sure if there's more complexity to flashing back to stock, but here is what I remembered seeing when I was researching on how to flash to Repetier.
Hope this helps.

Down Flash Firmware, Flash Back To Stock Firmware - Davinci 1.0 3d Printer
Thanks for the reply. I don't like how his printer acted at the end of the video.
I just read another comment that says you can't go back to stock. Can someone confirm this.
https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-F...issues/111

Yes for 1.0/2.0 old generations (with normal SD Card)
bossac -p tty.usbmodemXXX -R -e -w -v -b FW_RELEASE.bin
:-1: :warning: No for all new generations board (1.0A, 2.0A and AiO) as FW is somehow encrypted and cannot be flashed as is it like for old generation.
Mine should be a 1.0. Is there any way to make sure?

Thanks
1.0 = normal SDCARD as mentionned previously
1.0A = micro SDCARD
I have a 1.0 so I'm safe. Thank you for the help.
I went a head and flashed to without any trouble. I tried flashing it back to stock and I keep getting an error. I want to trying flashing it to stock so I can make sure that I can do it. I figured that since I already have the printer apart I should try going back to stock.

Do you know why it keeps giving this error?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools>bossac -p tty.usbmodemXXX -R -e -w
-v -b FW_RELEASE.bin
No device found on tty.usbmodemXXX
Did you reset the printerr before trying to re-flash?
Did you change the drivers?
What does the device show up as in windows device manager?

Kieth
I did erase the printer first by connecting jp1. I had to run a different set of commands to get it to work.

bossac -p COM27 -U true -i -e -w -v -b C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\firmwarej.bin

Thank you