Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESP8266 wifi module
Hi for the ones who want to try to put wifi on their DAVINCI/repetier fw with a 5$ wifi module
Go here and try it : https://github.com/luc-github/ESP8266 - this fw is in beta stage now

Actually should work with any board/FW as soon as both serial (board and module) are able to communicate.
I have posted - some pictures of assembly on my printer: https://github.com/luc-github/ESP8266/bl...on-davinci
Hi Luc,

Firstly, thanks for all the work you and others have done to make our Da Vinci's great. I'm already running repetier on my duo with e3d's instead of the original hotends and now I'd really like to be able to upload files straight to the sd card for printing instead of taking the card out each time.

On the extra settings page it looks like you can upload files directly to the sd card, does this include gcode?

Cheers, Mitch
no the module does not upload, just list files using the printer command and launch a print

for fast upload I suggest wifi sd card, this is what I use on my duo and there is no faster than this

[strike][/strike]
Quote:Hi Luc,

Firstly, thanks for all the work you and others have done to make our Da Vinci's great. I'm already running repetier on my duo with e3d's instead of the original hotends and now I'd really like to be able to upload files straight to the sd card for printing instead of taking the card out each time.

On the extra settings page it looks like you can upload files directly to the sd card, does this include gcode?

Cheers, Mitch
seems my previous post was deleted, new UI is really buggy

ESP Module does not access to SD Card directly, so no upload sorry.

the upload function is for the files on flash memory for easy configuration.

the ESP module can also list SDCard files to launch a print using repetier commands, but no direct access to SD Card

for fast upload only one solution: wifi SD card, the toshiba one, if you use new printer 1A, 2A, AiO you need an adapter, microsd to SD.

The flashair Wifi SDCard is what I use, and there no faster than it.