Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davinci Motherboard Test/Replacement
Hello,

I am looking for a way to test and/or replace my Davinci motherboard. I have the 1.0 with the .92 repetier firmware. I recently experienced problems with the nozzle and I decided to replace it with the e3D v6. After this I printed once to calibrate it and the next morning the thermistor readings for both the extruder and the heated bed were inaccurate. I attempted replacing the thermistors, replacing thermistor tables, and re-uploading firmware, and numerous other things. In conclusion my motherboard is not reading the thermistors and my extruder and heated bed are not turning on. I am looking for anyone with similar problems and perhaps a way to further test if the motherboard has gone bad and if anyone has succesfully replaced it with the RAMPS 1.4 board.

Thanks.
Actually I found this post on a RAMPS 1.4 replacement in case anyone runs into this same problem.

https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8231
What are the temperature readings?
Some possibilities:
Broken wire
Damaged resistor
Poor ground of tree small break out board (you didn't eliminate it did you?)
Wrong thermistor selected in firmware
I think there was also an issue where some thermoses read to low for the firmware and required a but of warm up time via a small change in firmware- you can test that by gently warning the bed/nozzle with a hair dryer.

As far as ramps, there are multiple posts of you want to change the board. It's easy enough, but requires some hardware modifications as well (end stops, led, etc.)

Kieth
Kieth,

I have checked continuity for the heated bed thermistor all the way to the connection on the board and I am able to read a resistance and notice a change in resistance when i heat or cool the thermistor.

For the extruder head I replaced the thermistor and have checked the continuity of all the pins on the little extruder pcb board. From inspection there is no apparent damage to board, broken resistor,or burnt component. It still carries power since the fan still turns manually through repetier. I have also checked the continuity of the wire header that are connects the small pcb to the motherboard.

For the thermistor I used the seller provided thermistor tables and the ones provided within the configuration.h file. Using the seller provided thermistor tables, my extruder head reads -20C and also wont move up when I heat it. When I change it to the one provided by repetier for the type of thermistor I have, 100K NTC 3950, it goes up to 80C and stays there whether I heat it or cool it.

In any case I am already researching how to replace the board but if you think of anything let me know, thanks.
Hi Hugo, What did you come up with? I have a very similar story. changed the bed to a MK11, did one print ok , next day da vinci error 0013, searched everywhere for answers. Borrowed a mates 1.0a and swapped out virtually all bits except main board. Evenyually installed Repetier. I have full movement and will do a 'dry run' but bed always says about 150degC and the extruder 140 when they are at room temp. Replaced the thermistor for a 100k 3950 ntc from Aus3d. same deal. reflashed with small change to config.h it had temp sensor '6' so I changed that to '1'-felt sure that was it, wrong sensor type since it wasnt a da vinci thermo. No change. I dont get any change on the lcd temp if I heat the thermos...same if unplugged. Tested the resistors near the molex plug on the MB and seem ok. At a lost for over 5 months now.
clutching at straws.
thanks
(09-06-2015, 01:59 AM)Dethwatch Wrote: Hello,

I am looking for a way to test and/or replace my Davinci motherboard. I have the 1.0 with the .92 repetier firmware. I recently experienced problems with the nozzle and I decided to replace it with the e3D v6. After this I printed once to calibrate it and the next morning the thermistor readings for both the extruder and the heated bed were inaccurate. I attempted replacing the thermistors, replacing thermistor tables, and re-uploading firmware, and numerous other things. In conclusion my motherboard is not reading the thermistors and my extruder and heated bed are not turning on. I am looking for anyone with similar problems and perhaps a way to further test if the motherboard has gone bad and if anyone has succesfully replaced it with the RAMPS 1.4 board.

Thanks.

Hi it's normal that it does not work your thermistor is not the same on the rise or you compile your card with repeater 0.92 or you choose your type of da vinci etc .. look down there thermistor it is normally on the Choice 5 but the 8 on referencing a thermistor for e3D v6 everything is on the wikie3D v6