Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pla upgrade kit installed now having issues
I recently had an issue where my Y axis belt broke and they mailed me a new one under warranty. When I emailed them to thank them I asked about the "upgrade nozzle kit" that would let my older 2.0 print pla. They gave me a voucher for a free nozzle upgrade. I got it, installed it, and had 4 successful prints. (On my PC, will no longer talk to my Mac for some reason) after the 4th print, it keeps saying that I need to register my new print head, which I have multiple times. But after that is completed, it just keeps telling me to register it and then it won't see the printer connected to my laptop. Any clues? Anyone else having issues with this? Please any info is better than I have now.
My Mac just keeps telling me that the serial number is incorrect, but the PC takes it.
Well I have figured it out. XYZ setup thier software so that if you have the 2.0, you must have two cartridges installed. And with them having only released clear in thier own brand, who the hell buys and installs two of the same color! I stumbled across the fix of running the install nozzle toolkit (xyz's garbage broken English upgrades software) with one pla cart installed and one abs installed. Then removed the abs cartridge after the upgrade was "complete". Hope this helps someone else.
Quote:Well I have figured it out. XYZ setup thier software so that if you have the 2.0, you must have two cartridges installed. And with them having only released clear in thier own brand, who the hell buys and installs two of the same color! I stumbled across the fix of running the install nozzle toolkit (xyz's garbage broken English upgrades software) with one pla cart installed and one abs installed. Then removed the abs cartridge after the upgrade was "complete". Hope this helps someone else.

I take it you have a Duo 2.0A? Have you a link to this fix as I have the same problem.
And how did you go about it?
Thanks
Are you using a Mac or a PC?
Quote:Are you using a Mac or a PC?

I'm using a PC.
Thanks....please don't say aI need a mac Sad
No you won't! Lol. I have had it working on both machines. Are you getting a specific error message when you are trying to upgrade the print head?

On the PC, I used the nozzle upgrade software from xyz, and when you enter the serial number and it does the calibration, just put an ABS cartridge in the second slot. It will calibrate and let you print, just pull out the abs cart before you start printing. Let me know if this works. I was very happy when I figured this out.
Now I get it. I haven't got the upgrade because mine does PLA ok. I was hoping that there was a work around
for having two PLA carts installed. Seams not Sad

Thanks again.