Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble printing the bottom of spheres.
I keepy trying to print a sphere and the bottom layers. Once it get past the half way point it prints good. I am using the factory firmware and software. I have tried using 3rd party filaments and I still have this problem. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?[Image: 2015-08-1810.16.13.jpg][Image: 2015-08-1810.14.21.jpg]
Sphears are very difficult to print. The problem has to do with the overhang and the support. You will be able to get much better results from different firmware and different slicer software. However as I say, it is difficult to print these. FDM in my opinion is really not up to the task unless you are willing to do some sanding and finishing of the part after it is done printing.

Kieth
By the way, if you're printing with ABS you might slice the sphere in half and print each half independently then glue together with some aceatone. If printing with something other than abs you could use some super glue. What's a little bit of finish work afterwards you will never know that there are two parts.

Kieth
Thanks for the help. I think I will try doing it in 2 halfs.