Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Read Error
Recently flashed my Da Vinci to Repetier and printed a few small calibration cubes using the SD card and so far so good.

However, on longer prints, I have been getting an "SD READ ERROR" which is problematic, because the extruder stops moving but the heaters stay on. To further test, I used a new/different SD card, but the same issue occurs. Below is a the serial output shown when it quits:

Quote:.......
Unknown command:M106 S255
Unknown command:M107
Unknown command:M107
Error:Wrong checksum
Error:Format error
Unknown command:
Unknown command:
Unknown command:

Unknown command:
Unknown command:
SD read error
Error:SD error did not recover!
Done printing file
wait
wait
wait

Any thoughts? I am going to try and remove all M106 and M107 commands next just to make sure, but they are just fan controls and the amount of time I am able to print varies. Any thoughts would be extremely helpful, printing from SD is too handy to give up (especially if I have other issues going on).

thanks!

(I have tried converting to binary gcode with the use of repetier host as well, but it did not help)
Are you uploading your files to the SD card and then printing from the SD card?

If not, you might try another computer or a different USB cable. I've actually never heard of this problem before so this is just a guess.

Kieth
Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same issue with a FlashAir III.  After about 10 minutes, I get the "SD read error" message.
(08-22-2016, 04:40 PM)ne14pez Wrote: Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same issue with a FlashAir III.  After about 10 minutes, I get the "SD read error" message.

I'm not sure if  others have had the problem.  If you uploaded the file to the card,  I would download it from the card and check the checksum.  It's possible something in the file is confusing the firmware.  Again,  just a guess since I've never had the issue. 

Kieth