Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card Advantages
I have noticed where some people have made it a priority to be able to print from the SD card reader in the davinci. Is there any advantage to printing from it? Why are so many people wanting to print from it?
I flashed repetier recently and find printing by usb very unreliable.
SD printing is 100% reliable so I stick with that.
Also, I use a Toshiba Flashair SD card which means I can upload to the printer over wifi.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

I flashed repetier recently and find printing by usb very unreliable.
SD printing is 100% reliable so I stick with that.
Also, I use a Toshiba Flashair SD card which means I can upload gcode files to the card over wifi.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

When you say printing over usb has been unreliable, can you elaborate? I have also flashed repetier and occasionally I have an errant print but I just assumed it was user error as I am new to 3d printing. I have slowly improved my prints through trial and error with Temps, bed leveling, slicer settings..... I'm just looking to improve my prints in any way possible so if SD printing helps I would definitely do that.
I find that the printer tends to freeze mid-print over usb and won't restart.
This might just be an issue with my laptop though but I've tried everything to fix it and finally gave up.
I find it just as easy to print from SD anyway and as I say, can send files wirelessly with the Flashair.
Slicer - Simplify3d