Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody Help with failed attempt to flash Repetier Host.
Hey there! I have a 1.0A and today tried to flash it with Repetier Host. And majorly failed. I got everything ready and after i reset the eeprom my windows machine would not recognize the printer anymore. In the device manager it would come up as an unrecognized USB device. After researching stuff online i found that installing SAM-BA drivers might help. I installed the drivers and printer did get recognized. So i was able to at least choose the port in the Arduino software. After following online instructions i started the flashing procedure and it failed at 80%. After that i tried to do the same on my Mac. The Arduino software on a mac actually said it successfully flashed it. But now the printer won't recognize on either a mac or pc.

So my questions is did i brick the printer? What are my options at this point?

Thank you and any help is very appreciated.
I doubt your printer is bricked, from what I understand it's almost impossible to brick a Davinci.
I would suggest erasing the eeprom again by shorting the jumper and starting again.
I had an issue with windows not loading the driver correctly and had to install it manually by pointing it to the Arduino driver folder. I would try that once you've erased the eeprom.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

The good news is, from what I understand, it's almost impossible to brick a Davinci.
I had a driver issue with windows recently and had to manually install it by pointing it to the Arduino driver folder.
I would suggest erasing the eeprom again by shorting the jumper and installing the driver this way.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

The good news is, from what I understand, it's almost impossible to brick a Davinci.
I had a driver issue with windows recently and had to manually install it by pointing it to the Arduino driver folder.
I would suggest erasing the eeprom again by shorting the jumper and try installing the driver this way.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

You were right. After many tries it finally flashed. Had to reset eeprom a few times to get it to work but eventually it worked. Now I am trying to figure out how to use Repetier Host and Slicer. There is a lot to learn. I have been having issues with leveling the bed correctly so prints dont come out so great. I just dont understand why xyz only made 3 adjustment knobs on a square bed, seems really stupid.
You only really need the 3. you just have to understand that the 2 in the back will affect the opposite corners and the one in the front will affect both front corners. It is actually a pain with 4.

Just manually level the bed. If you print with ABS and use glue stick, just let the print cool for about a half hour after done and it will come off the bed on its own. I cleaned the bed with water and a sponge and then releveled the bed. It wasn't really out too often, though, once I got it dialed in.
Hey Guys! Thank you for the help. More issues here. After a couple prints i am now getting an extruder heater decoupled error. The extruder temp will not go over 35 degrees C. I cut the wires to the heater and soldered them right to the harness, thinking its the issues with the plug, but that did not help. Decided if i should get a whole new extruder assembly from XYZ or if i should try getting a replacement heater unit. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you!