Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Vinci 1.0A on repetier stops mid print and goes idle
Ok, so a few days ago I got the Da Vinci 1.0A on sale for 299 on New Egg, not my ideal printer but I couldn't refuse such a low price. Anyhow, got it in and tried using XYZware and it was the absolute worst software I have ever used, well, tried to use, it wouldn't slice things for me. So I flashed my printer with Repeater .92 the install went fine, and I set up the printer and got it ready to print. Here's where the problems start:

When I went to print something, it'd start out fine, and then it'd get a few layers done and then just stop. The extruder and print bed are both staying hot, its as if the print is just paused. i'm using Cura 15.04 and it does not acknowledge any errors whatsoever. I have refreshed the printer three times, I've deleted all the files to flash it and redownloaded them, I've redownloaded arduino 1.5.8 and done all of the file edits, and I've changed usb cables. I'm all out of ideas on what this could possibly be. Also, I'm using a macbook pro and the Cura print window says "printing on /dev/cu.usbmodemfd121". I'm trying to print a spool holder so I can use regular filament and so far I am 1 for 8 on successful prints.

Thanks for any help y'all!
Ok so I'm trying to print from the mini SD card that's in the back. Fingers crossed it works out.

IF this print does turn out great, anybody have any ideas as to why when I print from my mac it screws everything up? Also, I have caffeine on my mac so it does not sleep or go to the screensaver.
I have the same issue for an unknown reason the printer just stops with no error codes and i can't get repetier host to command the printer bed stay's on also extruder stay's at temp only way i can get control is to shut down computer and printer and reboot looked at everything g-code and such can't find a reason attempts to reprint the part i find the same problem but not at the same point in the print any ideas ? i see there are others that have posted a simlar problem but no fixes
I've been having the same trouble since installing repetier.
I gave up trying to fix it and now just print from SD card which has so far been 100% reliable.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

I tried printing the same file a few times trying to track down the problem what i found was a line of code that comes from some where but it's not actualy in the g-code generated by sli3r so i don't know what gives with it.
So Today i tried another print and the printer started going then stopped log showed unknown gcode @ N923 M106 S255 can anyone tell what M106 is along with S255 found it cooling fan issue
It means turn the fan on and set to 255°C.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

It means turn the fan on and set it to full speed.
I doubt that would cause the printer to pause though.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Thanks for the reply yes i found that my printer has the e3d v6 the fan is always on so i went into the program and turned all the fan setting's off that i could find then tried to print a file the machine went all the way almost to the end of the gcode then and stopped about 4.5 minutes from finishing.
I removed the sd card opened it i am a little confused as to what i found on it it had 3 of the orignal sample files from xyz a dat file and a bin file i removed everything except the bin file, i ran the machine with out the sd card and found that it would respond but it's setting's were not correct i then installed the sad card and rebooted the machine now the setting's were correct my thought was that all the setting's were saved in a eeprom not on the sd card i don't be leave that the problem is the machine it's some where in the firm ware or the software but where is the question any help is always appreciated.