Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Vinci 2.0A 2 fans upgrade 1.0.F to Repetier questions
Hello
I own a Da Vinci 2.0A with 2 fans on 1.0.F. I wanted to flash the Repetier Firmware on it so that I could use my own PLA. I was wondering if anyone has successfully done this before to give me a thumbs up that it worked for them. I read people have had problems with using 64 bit operating systems, which I use; and also some SD card issues. Can someone help me out with this?
Also, does anyone know if there are any official factory firmwares available just in case I need to go back? I couldn't find anything after 15-20 minutes of looking online.
Here's the code I think I should be using

#define DAVINCI 3 // "1" For DAVINCI 1.0, "2" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 1 FAN, "3" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 2 FAN
#define MODEL 1//"0" for first generation (jumper JP1 to reset ) , "1" for new generation (jumper J37 to reset)
#define REPURPOSE_FAN_TO_COOL_EXTRUSIONS 0 //Setting this to 1 will repurpose the main Extruder cooling fan to be controlled VIA M106/M107
//Warning: for DaVinci 1.0 need to add a permanent fan with power supply to cool extruder
#define VERSION_MAJOR " 1"
#define VERSION_MINOR_YEAR "15"
#define VERSION_MINOR_MONTH "03"
#define VERSION_MINOR_DAY "02"
#define VERSION_BUILD "1"

//version
#define UI_VERSION_STRING_FULL VERSION_MAJOR "." VERSION_MINOR_YEAR "-" VERSION_MINOR_MONTH "-" VERSION_MINOR_DAY "_" VERSION_BUILD "." DAVINCI_TYPE MODEL_TYPE

Please let me know, I'll be really thankfull. I'm kind of a N00B to 3D printing.
-Nick

P.S.
I've seen this page
https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92
I know it says that 2.0.A is supported but I just wanna be absolutely sure.
Hi Nick, 2.0A is supported and works great for me.

There is no way to go back to the original firmware as I think someone found it to be encrypted.

From memory these are the only 2 lines I changed but it was a little while ago now.
#define DAVINCI 3 // "1" For DAVINCI 1.0, "2" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 1 FAN, "3" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 2 FAN
#define MODEL 1//"0" for first generation (jumper JP1 to reset ) , "1" for new generation (jumper J37 to reset)

To get PLA working successfully I have had to do a few modifications otherwise I kept getting overheating issues and extruder jamming. Lowering the retraction distance and if possible the amount of retractions definitely helped but some objects just wouldn't play nice.