Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
da vinci 1.0 pla ?
hello

I believe that we can only use the machine with abs even worse just their cartridge that costs dear!
searching I find that the flashing with repetier possible to use cheap filament! it is true or false? one can also use the PLA?
I'm interested in your advice is trick tips ....
thank you

sorry I use GoogleTranslate I speak french Blush
Yes, flashing repetier will allow you to use any 3rd party ABS but for PLA you will either need to replace the hotend or mod the stock one with better cooling.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

for the cooling fan must be changed by another better more powerful?
or....?
The stock fan will be fine but you could try extra heatsinks around the extruder barrel.
Here's how I did it ....

[img]

I also moved the fan lower down so it blows directly over the new heatsinks and barrel and applied some thermal paste to the stock heatsink and where the hotend meets the metal block as above.
I'm able to print PLA and many other types of filament really well with this setup.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

If you want to print pla reliably then you need to change to e3d and repetier. Search the forum here, there are a ton of posts on how to do so.

Kieth
[quote]
[img]
[quote][quote]
[img]
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Thanks Scott. Do you remember what size the 4 small heat sinks were that you added?
Quote:Thanks Scott. Do you remember what size the 4 small heat sinks were that you added?

9x8x6mm
Tried to post an ebay link but it seems be getting blocked.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Thanks Scott.

I found them on Ebay.

Just out of curiosity, are you still on stock 1.1E FW? If so, why are you not on .92 Repetier FW?

-Chris
Quote:Thanks Scott.

I found them on Ebay.

Just out of curiosity, are you still on stock 1.1E FW? If so, why are you not on .92 Repetier FW?

-Chris

Yeah, still on 1.1.E.
I'm using Simplify3D now which apparently produces prints as good as Repetier.
I'm very pleased with the results from S3D and haven't found the need to switch to Repetier yet.
Slicer - Simplify3d