Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power off and on with Raspberry PI
First off, is there a way to power off and on the DaVinci 1 using software? If not, has anyone added a way to switch the printer off and on using Raspberry PI or Arduino mod? I want to be able to remotely power it off and on. I then might build a scraper so I can push the parts of after they are made. I know, I sound lazy :-)
Not a pure software solution, but Ive got mine plugged into an insteon plug in module that allows me to remotely power the printer on and off. Not sure there is going to be a pure software solution, but this is one way it can be done.

Since you arent really concerned with power line noise and device ack, you could probably get away with an x10 plug in module and controller.
That's a good idea, as a developer I always think how can I write software or build something to do this :-)

I was thinking about bypassing the internal switch and using Arduino or Rasperry pi and a relay. I just found this https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/wiki...m-your-RPi
Stupid question maybe, but why turn off the machine before scraping off the objects on the bed.
You can leave it on, You only have to (virtual) press the OK button after the print is done. This is not so hard to do if you use an Arduino.

I should however use a NodeMCU because that already has WiFi and can run it's own software.
I have installed Repetier on my prints and I have my Raspberry Pi hooked up and running Octoprint.  I've added a relay board to the Pi and I am able to power on and of the printer and external lights.
(08-30-2016, 11:37 PM)OG Style Wrote: I have installed Repetier on my prints and I have my Raspberry Pi hooked up and running Octoprint.  I've added a relay board to the Pi and I am able to power on and of the printer and external lights.

Why don't you start a new thread detailing your modification with the relay and code?  I'm sure others would benefit. 

Kieth
I did.

Thanks
And here you can find it...
https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=9253