Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with extruder temp on 1.0
A few weeks ago my 3rd party filament started sputtering so I started using the Da Vinci filament. I thought that maybe my filament got moisture in it and was bad. It has been working fine with the Da Vinci filament until I was in the middle of a print today. The extruder would not heat up past 50 deg. If I power the printer of and back on I can get it to heat up correct sometimes. It took me about 15 minutes to get it to load new filament and a few power cycles to get it to unload the old filament. I am running firmware v1.1.J. and I have about 50 hours of printing time on it. I am running everything stock including the filament.

Has anyone had a problem like this with there printer?

Thanks

Edit
I getting 11.56 to 11.57 volts when it is heating up. When it get to the right temp the voltage is between 5 - 8 volts.
Had the same issue a couple of months ago. It was a bad power connector on mine, quite common apparently.
I replaced the black connector with a crimp connector and the extruder now heats up great again, problem gone.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

ditto on the black connector. Had the same problem.
Do you mean the 2 pin connector that powers the heat for the extruder?
Yeah, this one .... https://steelcityelectronics.files.wordp...190529.jpg

http://steelcityelectronics.com/da-vinci...on-repair/
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.
Does it matter if I get the wires mixed up?
I would imagine one is positive and one negative.
I only fixed one of mine, the other seems fine for now.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

I got a good connector on it and did a few prints with the oem filament. I tried my 3rd party filament and it keeps jamming and sputtering. Any ideas?

Thanks