Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARLIN DUE FOR DA VINCI 3F10A
Hello everyone

I have since just takes a Da Vinci and after changing the firmware to repetier0.92, I'm not very happy with the finished pieces.

I have experience with printers that handle Marlin and I like this firmware.

I wonder if anyone can help me set up a Marlin for Da vinci motherboard? So far I have been able to charge the DUE version but I need help to control the LCD.

thank you very much
so far when I checked Marlin Bod Cousin version for Due, the screen support was a text screen 4x20 - are you using this one ?
As the pinout is not the one for RADDS neither RAMP-FD you need to redo the complete pinout in the fw it is available on my github

Edit: I just saw someone did a PR on BC repo - seems he is taking care of the maintenance by using Repetier code, so it is good
https://github.com/Wurstnase/Marlin4Due
Hi Luc, thanks for responding.
I'm using all the original electronic included in the Da Vinci.
Motherboard 3F10A with J37
Original LCD, so I think it is 16x4

your pinout github has helped me to the identification of the pins and I was able to test and tinker can make a simple sketch you turn and turn off the LEDs.

Seeing Marlin firmware for DUE was when I asked if I could put it in the Da Vinci.

I'm seeing what you've suggested Wurstnase me, I'll try.

I think my problem is enabled in Marlin display control I think is I2c.

Thanks.
Display should not be a problem as standard crystal LCDlibrary can handle it but it is not always working as screen is a winstar LCD with slight different initialization sequence than usual text LCD - spec are also on my Github - the issue will be the EEPROM - davinci does not have any - I did not check if Marlin has a native way to use SDCard as EEPROM or if this feature need to be added like in repetier for DaVinci
Also be aware no watchdog in Marlin so far but porting it should not be a problem as it works well for repetier

I will have a look to do the porting of FW in coming weeks, I have already started to port the pinout, as I am interested also to work on Marlin, but I am also busy with 3 others projects in parallel, so may not be as fast as you may expected.

I have already forked Wurstnase repository on my github, and will add Davinci pinout this week I think

Feel free to share your progress
Da vinci not mount EEPROM did not know, but I understand why not save the changes if no SD Smile

I do not have what you deserve just want to help, and knowing that you are so busy.

how I can help?
for now I'm still doing tests.

Thank you very much, I will bring you relevant progress
did you already load the FW ? I just did quick check and LCD is working, at least on 2 lines but got my extruder heating when it was not suposed to

you need to use the variant.cpp on my github and disable watchdog on it or you will reset every 4 seconds
Right now I can not load it, I'm in the office. Maybe I can do it remotely.

What fw flash, which is in wurstnase / Marlin4Due?
The variant.cpp where I find it, I do not see
yes I use fork of wurstnase / Marlin4Due - I will push some basic files for Davinci tonigh or tomorrow

the variant.cpp you used to flash repetier 0.92
Ok https://github.com/luc-github/Marlin4Due is live
So far only LCD is working (16x4+backlight) but backbone for DAVINCI files is now ok

Here a short list of TODO ^_^
//TODO Need to add conditions and pins for DAVINCI 1.0/2.0 SF/DF 1.0A/2.0A
[strike]//TODO Need to add SDCARD PINS and Suppor[/strike]t
//TODO Need to add Sensor PINS
[strike]//TODO Need to add DAVINCI Keypad Support[/strike] OK/BACK/UP/DOWN are implemented following encoder behaviour - need tuning and add TOP-MENU/RIGHT keys support
[strike]//TODO Need to add DAVINCI thermistor tables for Extruder 1.0/2.0 for Extruder 1.0A/2.0A and Bed[/strike]
[strike]//TODO Need Define the Serial Output properly[/strike]
//TODO Need to add virtual EEPROM support
//TODO Need add watchdog support
Hi Luc ,

You've been playing the pins ?
the first verisones are different from the past 04/30/15 23:00.
The latter do not see the display , just two black bands .

In the latest version the display shows :

1) always resets , I guess that is the Guradian dog , is there any way to disable it?

2) rows 3 and 4 were drawn to the right. it works now

3) There were MAX_TEMP error and changed the pin

#define TEMP_0_PIN 9
by
#define TEMP_0_PIN 65

as indicated by the pinout.xls

I'm now fighting with thermistors table .

I am that the extruder is 100k
and the hot bed is 300k

but the temperature is not good, if active type 1 for the extruder .

When I try to choose the type of thermistor for bed, fails to compile

If the version used in repetier apparently works , I can use the tables for them to be Marlin?

Thanks
The LCD use crystal library which has a known bug for display with more than 2 rows , fix the library or use IDE 1.6.3, you must disable watch dog in variant.cpp
Latest version on my github allow repetier connections and xyz mouvement
Feel free to use the issue tracker or gitter im on the repository
The sensors are supposed to use analog channel 13 and 9, not pin number, and was not working, but did not tried to use the pin number actually, I converted the tab!es will upload them, I have also make buzzer working but need to upload code also

EDIT: used pin numbering instead of using ANALOG NUMBERING like in repetier and like it is mentionned in comment, actually work, I have correct temperature - feel dumb not trying it,,, but even displaying 25 for extruder and bed I have Err: MINTEMP like no sensor

EDIT2 : Tables and fix uploaded - be aware pins used are for 1.0 need to change the pinout for 1.0A - the best would be to add conditions in pins_DAVINCI.h, like in repetier based on a MODEL defined, to avoid to create another pins_DAVINCI_A.h and to have to maintain 2 files

EDIT 3: I think next step will be the keypad because more easy to use keypad to navigate in menu and test SD Card, so once keypad is implemented it will be time for SDCard support
menu navigation is working using ok, back, up, down keys instead of rotary encoder, need some tuning as back key is natively not really used, also using up,down keys to simulate rotary encoder is confusing outside of menu navigation. Right key and Top menu key ate not yet implemented neither as Emergency combination key.

also 16x4 menu is not great end user experience and need to be adjusted IMHO
SDCard is now disabled because current pins are in conflict with keypad,
So next step is SDCard support, going slowly but going good
Hi Luc,

great progress you've given, I would have lost me ....

I set a modification as MODEL 0 to 1.0 and 1 for 1.0a

Modify tables thermistors
Modify the heater outlet
E0 modified engine control

How did you get the I can do for you to review and correct if you think you include?

By making home z, gives some advances and stops, it will not find the switch.
You know why?

I see you've been able to activate the keys, only in the main menu feddrate no progress is made with a key, I'll see if I find out.

Very good work,

and leaving less

Many thank you very much
Quote:How did you get the I can do for you to review and correct if you think you include?
Create a github account - fork my repository
https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git
for very simple change you can use the github web interface - the the easiest is to use the Git-hub Desktop client on windows, sources-tree under osx, and command line under linux
Also use the https://gitter.im/luc-github/Marlin4Due?...dge]gitter[/url]

Quote:By making home z, gives some advances and stops, it will not find the switch.
You know why?
difference between 1.0 and 1.0A is end stop pin - I guess you did not use the correct one

Quote:I see you've been able to activate the keys, only in the main menu feddrate no progress is made with a key,
I am not familiar with marlin menu yet - I just did some test changing values in settings and was fine - what menu are you refering too, so I can check ?

Where you from ?
Hi Luc,

well I create an account on GitHub and I'll make the changes, it is the first time, if I am in doubt, I can ask?

I'll watch the pin end stop, stop to see if I have not used the right. But if the other end stop work well, the Z will be different?

I will review the progress of the FR on the keys.

All my printers work with Marlin and have a rotary encoder.
On the main screen, where the state mark, if you advance or back to the newspaper, do not enter any menu, but you increase or decrease the FD.
It is used to adjust the feedrate while printing.

Just imagine the condition will find that pressing and activate it. I'll make some inquiries and give results.

I'm from the Canary Islands, Spain.
Quote:well I create an account on GitHub and I'll make the changes, it is the first time, if I am in doubt, I can ask?
sure, you even can use spanish on my github Wink

Quote:. But if the other end stop work well, the Z will be different?
yes several pins are different - you can refers to userpins.h of repetier you will see heater and z stop and some others pins are differents between X.0 vs X.0A

Quote: if you advance or back to the newspaper, do not enter any menu, but you increase or decrease the FD.
It is used to adjust the feedrate while printing.
Ok so I see - seems linked to ENCODER_FEEDRATE_DEADZONE, fixed in latest commit - but navigation is upside down - all navigation need to be reviewed

Next task is SDCARD support - I am not sure I will be able to work a lot on this - need to check why SOFTWARE SPI is not working on marlin when it is ok on Repetier and I won't have a lot of free time for this this week - so it give you time to learn GITHUB and pins for 1.0A Smile
SDCard Support is now implemented - I will try finish the keypad support for Right and Top Menu and Emergency Key, and work on menu navigation improvement this week
What is the difference between Repetier and Marlin?
FW core is totally different
Okay but it improves the functioning of the printer with Marlin?