Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetter on 1.0.6 FW
Does anyone know if resetters work on the latest F/W 1.0.6
I think it depends on what method you are using. As far as I know the first new measure they implemented was checking length as either 120m or 240m, then they added serial no. recording, which was when Matt added the serial number increment to the code. I noticed that the Arduino sketches going around didn't reset 8 bytes of the data that would be an obvious giveaway that the cartridge had been used (0x38-0x3F). I suspected this was the next point of attack they used that caused problems for some users so I modified the sketch to reset that data but its only been up for a few days so I don't know if anyone has tested it yet.

Modified Chip Reset Arduino Sketch Text
Thanks I shall try when my resetter arrives
I tried it today using arduino duo Printer says unitentified Carttridge Tried a few more times and it works Wink
Hey all! So, this thread has helped me out and I got it [a reset 120m cartrage] to register and work on a 1.0a machine running 1.0.6 FW printing with Octave Filament. I used the newest XYZWare, blocked through firewall (I discovered turning off your wifi works just as well, but firewall is better because you can still use the computer online while using the program). I edited the code to extrude at 250c and it did not seem to work. anyone else have this issue? I changed the following code:

// extruder temp, default is 210 C for ABS
char et[] = {0xd2,0x00}; // 210 C
//char et[] = {0xe6,0x00}; // 230 C
//char et[] = {0xf5,0x00}; // 245 C
//char et[] = {0xfa,0x00}; // 250 C

to this code:

// extruder temp, default is 210 C for ABS
//char et[] = {0xd2,0x00}; // 210 C
//char et[] = {0xe6,0x00}; // 230 C
//char et[] = {0xf5,0x00}; // 245 C
char et[] = {0xfa,0x00}; // 250 C

But nothing seemed to change...[strike] Not too critical right now to me because it seemed to print fine, just figured i'd point it out[/strike]. I'm now having Delam issues at the stock setting of 220c with Octave Filament.. I hope i figure out a workaround quickly.

Thanks for all the help!!
Yep thats been reported a lot. Even the guys selling resetters say that temperature change has been disabled in the firmware.
oh ok. Would be cool to see if that could be reimplemented. hopefully repetier becomes stable on these 1.0a machines soon anyway Tongue [strike]I also noticed that the estimated print time doesnt work anymore. Its just counts up from 40 minutes to 6 hours then restarts. changes up one minute about every two seconds. i dont really care, but figured id point it out. never did this before. ( it might be XYZWare related because i have been trying different versions and dont actually know which one im running now that i think of it... Ill check that..)[/strike] Just ran a print and it eventually caught on after about 30%. Weird, i dont care though.
Quote:Yep thats been reported a lot. Even the guys selling resetters say that temperature change has been disabled in the firmware.

If this is the case how can we print Pla ?
I'm guessing it just reads material type from the cartridge (2nd Character) and sets the temperature itself. In that case you'd have to rewite the chip so it thinks its PLA, but I don't know the character code required.

Edit: Its definitely "P" - 0x50
The hotend on these printers cant handle PLA to begin with.
P
Quote:The hotend on these printers cant handle PLA to begin with.
The new version 1.0 a supports Pla and flexi
Thats if you upgrade the hot end. Out of the box, good luck trying to use pla or pla-flex
Quote:Thats if you upgrade the hot end. Out of the box, good luck trying to use pla or pla-flex
The latest version of the 1.0 a supports Pla and flexi xzy printing even has a video out showing printing of flexi and states the 1.0a
Pretty much a noob but...running the usb resetter on a 1.0A. Printing PLA no problem with ABS temp settings, the 1.0.6 firmware removes the ability to change temps on 1.0.6 but prints fine with the door and lid open.
So it works

galaxy j1 etui
do you know where the SS# is stored???

Quote:I think it depends on what method you are using. As far as I know the first new measure they implemented was checking length as either 120m or 240m, then they added serial no. recording, which was when Matt added the serial number increment to the code. I noticed that the Arduino sketches going around didn't reset 8 bytes of the data that would be an obvious giveaway that the cartridge had been used (0x38-0x3F). I suspected this was the next point of attack they used that caused problems for some users so I modified the sketch to reset that data but its only been up for a few days so I don't know if anyone has tested it yet.

Modified Chip Reset Arduino Sketch Text
but do you know where the info for each cartridge is stored ?
is it on the sd card ?
is it in the FW ?
or the cartridge .?

more info: I have 2 restters one from dimensionbx it changes the SS## the other is from WCTEK but it dosen't change the SS##
I have at present da vinci 1.0A XYZware 2.1.4.2 FW 2.0.1 and blocked at the firewall.
there is one strange thing i noticed all the other zyxware ver's created a rule in the fire wall settings when it was installed .
but the latest ver 2.1.4.2 didn't I had to make a new rule for in and out before all I had to do was turn one that the install made of and make one for the other