Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dua 2.0a questions on firmware
New owner, love this forum!
Would like to be able to use a filament resetter.
I have firmware 1.0.D
do any resetters work with this, also if not can I downgrade to 2.0.J or something else?
any help is appreciated, I did search and think I found the bin file, etc but really confused as to if it will work with the 2.0a
Thanks,
Jim
2.0J FW is for old generation board (2.0) not for 2.0A, do not use it your printer won't work anymore
any way to downgrade, and if so to what, just want to be able to use a filament resetter
Hi,

I have a 2.0A with 1.0.B firmware. I did not want to risk any updates so I never used the XYZ Software and went straight to simplify 3D. After a couple of prints on the red cartridge I decided to test a filament restet and it worked. The counter went from 108m back to 120m. But the real magic happend after that. I did some more prints on both colors and checked the cartridges. They seem to be frozen at 108m and 120m which is exaktly what i had before the reset. But there is at least one more bug in this firmware. The unload filament does not turn on the heater and gets stuck waiting for the right temperature.

Jörg
I'm in a similar position. I only just received my duo today and let xyd update my firmware to 1.0.f without thinking about it and now I don't know what to do.

From what I've read as long as the xyz software is behind a firewall we "should" be ok to use a cartridge resetter but almost everything I've read is for the 1.0 or older duo so I'm not sure.

At about $80/kg in Aus vs $30/kg for a locally produced filament a resetter would be a god send.
Hello! I have a Da Vinci 2.0 A duo with firmware 1.0.D, I'm using a resetter purchased on Wctek.com, but the only thing that changes are the meters that me PRTA them up to 240 meters but temperatures remain fixed defoult :-(you perhaps know how to help me ?? Thanks Alessandro
Hello Luc! I have a Da Vinci 2.0 A duo with firmware 1.0.D, I'm using a resetter purchased on Wctek.com, but the only thing that changes are the feet that I take them up to 240 meters, but temperatures remain fixed defoult: - (maybe you know how to help me ?? Thanks Alessandro
sorry

https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8657
Hello Luc! thanks for letting me answer! The post of Wctek I had already 'seen' cause I had purchased from their website a resetter to change the meters and temperatures! As I have already 'said I have a Da Vinci 2.0 A duo with 1.0.D firmware, the firmware is not updated it in I 1.0.D, but recently' I brought the printer in care 'cause it was locked and I have changed the motherboard and then accordingly with the new card and 'changed the firmware! Resetter at the moment it only works on the amendment of the meters that I will increase up to 240, but temperatures remain fixed at 210 for Extruders and 70 for the dish! I read on the internet that there is' a software called Simplify3D that and 'compatible with the Da Vinci, and according to the descriptions can' change the temperatures in addition to everything else, you know this program for 3D printers, or know someone who uses it ?? Pero 'I ask how does' to change the temperature if the Da Vinci 2.0 A there' this problem ??? Thanks Alessandro
I am no expert of stock fw sorry, I use Simplify 3D but not with stock fw as I use repetier FW, so cannot confirm what you said even I read same comments as you mention, S3D can change temp on stock fw
I remember i read somewhere temperature max with stock is 230
sorry I cannot help so much on this
lo siento no puedo ayudar...
Ciao luc ! cose' " More you know - more you know that do not know anything...
So try to read the F...Manual at least it is a start. ?? grazie Alessandro
My signature ?
first part is what I feel, more I know more I read - I realize I do no know anything and there is so many things to learn that no idea from where to start
second part was told by someone on this forum and I feel appropriate for a start B)

This was not my answer for you - it is my signature, prego Wink
Quote:At about $80/kg in Aus vs $30/kg for a locally produced filament a resetter would be a god send.

Hi,

The same here in France, around 50€ or more for one cartridge.
That would be nice to know if we can do anything for stop that.
But it seems sometime that firmware, maybe like the 1.0.f, can make that the printer don't work anymore if a resetter is used.
Someone with this firmware have try already ? Thanks.

Another interesting information : the version 1.1.34.8 installs new drivers. If you downgrade for an oldest version of the XYZWare, like 1.1.28 (tested b y me) the printer isn't recognized, like : it's not online.
Many problems with XYZ about their software and firmware, hopes that we're soon able to use our printer normally.

If someone have informations for don't stay stucked, thank you.
Hello Jim! I did not understand what kind of file you are getting ??? I too have a Da Vinci 2.0 A duo with FormWare 1.0.D, as you surely have the same problem of not being able to change the temperature of the extruder and the dish but I can only increase the meters! You are risucire solve the problem in some way or know someone there and 'managed ?? thanks Alessandro
Quote:Hi,

I have a 2.0A with 1.0.B firmware. I did not want to risk any updates so I never used the XYZ Software and went straight to simplify 3D. After a couple of prints on the red cartridge I decided to test a filament restet and it worked. The counter went from 108m back to 120m. But the real magic happend after that. I did some more prints on both colors and checked the cartridges. They seem to be frozen at 108m and 120m which is exaktly what i had before the reset. But there is at least one more bug in this firmware. The unload filament does not turn on the heater and gets stuck waiting for the right temperature.

Jörg

Hi Jörg

I also have a 2.0a w 1.0.b FW and was wondering which resetter you are using. Also if you are able to change the temperatures with either the resetter or with S3D? i have read posts that mention that temperatures on the extruder s and bed can't be changed on machines with the new board.

Looking forward to your response,

Thanks so much

Chris