Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DaVinci Filament Resetter Questions...
Ok, so I have had a bunch of people ask me to help them build some resetters so we can try Voltivo's filament out - but I'm a little confused about 2 things...

1) There are several sources about how to make them online and they all refer to the Arduino Pro Mini 328 5V - now, anyone that has worked with one or looked into ordering knows there are 2 different versions of this Arduino Board (a 3.3VDC Model and a 5VDC Model) the 3.3v model runs at 8Mhz @ 3.3v, while the other runs at 16Mhz @ 5v. The pictures and descriptions all say to use the 5V board, with a 3v button cell battery (2302 iirc)!? So, are we supposed to be using the 3.3v model instead?

On a similar note, both versions have 2 different power input pins a VCC for an externally controlled 3.3v or 5v source - OR they have a RAW input pin for uncontrolled/unregulated DC Power up to 12VDC depending on the model. (3.3-5v) 3.3v model or (5-12v) 5v model. So, these boards do have an on-board voltage regulator built in...

2) I couldn't wait much longer so I ended up ordering quite a lot of 5V boards, but I ordered a bunch of 12v batteries instead to be on the safe side. So, I know for sure that I'll be able to run these boards at the full 16Mhz and at the voltage spec that they were designed for through the RAW Voltage Input Pin. I haven't received the boards yet, but I now noticed another variable that I can't seem to find anywhere. Apparently some boards have a switch on them to control the OUTPUT voltage on the pins as well, either 3.3v or 5v. So, because the board connects to the EEPROM chip on the filament cartridge is this going to be an issue?

I really don't know too much about Arduino's or coding, but I am trying to figure out if I have everything I need or if I need to make further adjustments now!? Here are the parts I have ordered or made for my version of the resetter:

* Custom Housing for new battery and 8P Dip Switch
* Arduino Pro Mini 328 5V
* A23 12V Battery Holder
* A23 12V Battery
* 3.2-3.4V, 20mA LED
* 1/8W 82 Ohm Resistor (for LED)
* 22AWG Wire
* 3 Contact Spring Loaded Pins

I also have the FTDI Breakout and the custom code needed for the DIP Switch and modified Pinout...

Please let me know if this will work, or what I need to change to get the correct voltages, any help would be much appreciated!! I will release a detailed guide as soon as I verify my model/version of the resetter is fully functional.

Thanks!
The number of Arduino variations does get very confusing!
So I decided to make my own resetter

- see - http://www.soliforum.com/topic/10462/da-...ory-reset/

This connects to a USB cable, and you change the temperatures and filament length in the arduino program and use the Arduino serial monitor to select what type of update you want for the eeprom.. The processor is the Arduino Nano V3 which incorporates USB, so no need for the external FTDI unit. The processor fits into the thingiverse housing listed and rests on the desk. So it is very simple and quick to use. The unit is powered by the USB, so power supply requirements are sorted. You just have to choose whether you connect the power to 5V or 3.3V. I chose 5V, I haven't tried 3.3V.

The 11LC010 eeprom has a voltage range between 2.5-5.5V, so it doesn't care whether you choose 3.3V or 5.0V to power it.
Wow!

Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for... thank you so much for the help! I'm not sure how I missed that forum thread...? I've been doing a lot of searching on this subject but somehow missed that discussion Smile
Hello! I have a Da Vinci 2.0 but I have a problem, or took a resetter on Wctek.com, recently I have cambito assistance in the motherboard and the firmware and '1.0.D, resetter I just increases the meters to 240 meters but temperatures remain those of defoult! Can you help me solve this problem ??? Thanks in advance! Alessandro
@Alessandro - did you say you bought a WCTEK resetter and are having problems with it?

What is cambito assistance?

What temperature are you looking for?
Unfortunatley it seems on all of the current firmwares, the resetters are not able to change the temperatures.
@Chris - The DaVinci 1.0A I bought has firmware 1.0.1 and with the software that O.Fueckert created and posted on this forum you can set the bed and extruder temperatures to anything you want.

There is a limit for my printer though and that is 230 degrees C for the extruder. Someone on the forum said that it was because the DaVinci extuder cannot be relied on for temperatures greater than 230. When I programmed in >230 the firmware would not allow the extruder to heat up and the temperature gradually went to ambient.

Rather than delve into the code I modified the O.Fueckert code to allow programming of bed and extruder temperatures from the Arduino serial monitor. It also allows updating filament lengths of 120m and 240m.

Look here for explanation and code. But also read O.Fueckert's posts in this forum.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/10462/da-...ory-reset/
Yep, im talking about the most up to date/current firmware though. 1.0.6, the newest firmware, blocked that option out. Im also using the Stock extruder at 245c in repetier.. we will see if i run into any issues.
Wow - that is bad news! :ohmy:

I really don't understand why XYZ printing are so keen on maintaining proprietary hardware and software when many in the industry are open source.

If they based their firmware and XYZware on open source, it doesn't feel like they are playing a fair game.

I would be interested to find out how you get on with printing at 245 degrees and long term reliability of the hot end.