Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone printed the plastic white wheels?
Title says it all. If there is no source out there for the plastic white wheels I will model them when I have some spare time.
do you mean the idler wheel on the left hand side of the printer? just FYI, for modeling simple things like that I have found tinkercad to be extremely useful as well as extremely fast. Something like that wheel would literally take about 5 minutes to model. It is dimensional accurate, so you can measure the wheel and create discs and cylinders the exact dimensions that you measured. Metric or inches. And another plus, it works from my phone. sorry, I almost sound like a salesman for them or something! But honestly, I do use it a lot for simple things, because it is so much faster and easier than many of the other programs out there.

Kieth
Designing such wheel sure is easy, but what about printing it accurately with the davinci? I suppose it'd be difficult to get it perfectly round...
Not hard at all if you have done all the tweaks discussed in the board, shims, adjust belts, fix z wobble, etc etc.

Kieth
Hmm that is interesting. I use 3d max for my modeling. I am a professional 3d artist and have been modeling things for over 10 years.

Tinker cad does sound cool though. I find max quite cumbersome for getting super accurate designs done.

I don't have problems with circles on my davinci and I have a stock printer. I did mod my z wobble but there wasn't much to behind with. I think I have a newer model of the davinci because I have a lot of things that look different than other machines people have on here. My Pcb board has the mini sd card. I haven't had any issues with the bearing mounts and I think it's because there is a spring giving the mounts a better secure hold. The wiring also seems better organized on my printer than some others on here I've seen. My hot end on the extruder also seems different than the older davinci 1.0 machines.
Does anyone have specs on the wheel so I can start modeling it.
I have a lengthy ninjaflex print going on now -- tire treads for an.omnibot 2000 that take about 12 hours each. it's been awhile since I did any maintenance, so I'm planning to relube everything after this print finishes.

Point is, I can model the wheel at that time if no one gives the information by then...it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes with tinkercad.

Kieth

Kieth
I looked for tinker cad and I think it is only for android.
Tinkercad is a web based 3d modeling software. It works from any modern web browser, including pc, ios, Android, etc.

Kieth