Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have to keep resetting filament chip twice now using the XYZ
I am using the XYZPRO resetter and here lately I have had to reset the chip twice before the printer will see the 240. I do the 1st reset it shows the SN number increase by 1, then Put it in the printer check the cart info and it shows 240. Then I start a print and it pops up telling me filament low. I cancel the print and check the cart info again and it has reverted back before the reset so I reset it again and it works the second time around. I am running FW 1.1.I . Anyone have idea as to what could be going on?
Haven't experienced this but just a thought, are you using the unload filament function when you remove the cart. from the printer prior to the reset? Maybe lacking that the printer is simply writing the last know cart. status back to the cartridge thinking its still working with the original cart info. just prior to starting the print job.
Quote:Haven't experienced this but just a thought, are you using the unload filament function when you remove the cart. from the printer prior to the reset? Maybe lacking that the printer is simply writing the last know cart. status back to the cartridge thinking its still working with the original cart info. just prior to starting the print job.

I did try that the last time and it still did it. not sure whats going on with it, but it's driving me crazy. I'm going to be getting a Flashforge Creator Pro in a few weeks and the Da Vinci will become a backup printer. I may hack it with the .92 firmware after I have a new printer.
Did you try resetting it twice before using it? Sometimes these EEPROMS can be finicky.
Quote:Did you try resetting it twice before using it? Sometimes these EEPROMS can be finicky.

No. I have connected back to the EEPROM to make sure it had changed and it had. I will try a second reset next time before trying to use it to see. It's funny I was not having this problem before, it just started a few weeks ago.