Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XYZmodV1.0
Hi there,
Thought this might be of interest.
200mm circle. Tried 200mm square but wouldn't stick.
As you can see the sides were unsticking too hence the rings forming on edge. Circle was 10mm high.
Out of the box Da Vinci 1.0 with only hack being modV1.0 without en.xml file.

Also having done a few prints I recalibrated and fluked this. Worth a pic anyway. Smile[Image: WIN_20150119_222513.jpg][Image: WIN_20150119_124312.jpg]
ABS Juice is your only hope.
I use bluetape + hairspray (applied with a sponge, not directly). I get warping on big objects, but with the rafts and brims from S3D the effect it's almost nothing. But yeah Keith it's right, ABS juice it's the best most adhesive option.

You also could try not to 'open' the door, to keep the head inside. Or build a Skirt Layer to surround your object, that (as far as I saw on some forum) helps to keep the 'heat' in. I think you can get more info on that on http://hydraraptor.blogspot.com.es/2010/...t-hot.html . The inner filling also affects the warping, if the print has less infill it will warp less since there's less abs cooling down and changing size.
Hi, I use UHU Stic, every now and then.

I start with a clean bed, acetone washed clean. Next I apply a layer of UHU over the whole bed, heat it up to 95 (using an old print) and then let it cool down to below 30. I then apply another layer of UHU and repeat. I do this about 4 times. Once this is done the bed is good to go. The models stick anywhere on the bed and it's good for about 50 prints. It sometimes get's a bit ragged in the middle and I just give it a small top up of glue.
Quote:Hi, I use UHU Stic, every now and then.

I start with a clean bed, acetone washed clean. Next I apply a layer of UHU over the whole bed, heat it up to 95 (using an old print) and then let it cool down to below 30. I then apply another layer of UHU and repeat. I do this about 4 times. Once this is done the bed is good to go. The models stick anywhere on the bed and it's good for about 50 prints. It sometimes get's a bit ragged in the middle and I just give it a small top up of glue.

Hate to necro a thread, but I have to say I have been doing the same thing for a while now. It grew out of being lazy and not removing the glue every few prints. Now I have a rough surface of glue on the bed. Using Hercules giant purple glue stick. Works great, rarely have I had and lifting since I started leaving it on. I think I may have cleaned the bed maybe twice since the new year.