Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Vinci 1.0 Repetier Firmware - Minor Issues
Just a few things I have noticed that I thought I would check for solutions to (could be user error so apologies in advance if these are newb questions).

1. When I first turn on the printer, I have noticed on occasion it will say "sd card removed". After maybe 20 seconds, it will say "sd card installed" and everything works fine. This seems to happen after the printer has been sitting a while (over night) with no activity. Not sure if this is normal, but assuming this is not a sign of a bigger issue, not a big deal either. It does not happen if I need to reset the printer right after it has been printing (only seems to happen when everything is cooled down).

2. After a successful print is done and sending a new print to the printer, it will start by heating the bed and then nothing. The printer goes to an idle status but keeps the bed temp on and never progresses to heating extruder and the rest of the code. I am using simplify3d so not sure if the issue may be here. By watching the communication panel of sf3d, it still thinks it is printing and just throwing a bunch of wait commands. From here I usually shut off the printer, turn it back on and resend the print which completes with no issue.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
what firmware do you use ?
hi all, just flashed the printer and it is saying that the computer doesn't recognize the usb. I am using windows 8.1 and everytime i go to install the drivers it comes up as a bossa programming port (it should be an (Arduino Due Programming Port). I'm freaking out and don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. this is the guide I used, I followed the steps perfectly but it didn't work. fyi i have da vinci 1.0a
Quote:what firmware do you use ?

I flashed repetier .92 last Sunday but just flashed the more recent version yesterday.
I have also 0.92 and none of these issues
I print successively without issue but I use repetier host - anyway I have yielded to temptation and bought Simplify3D as I like to be able to tweak the support - so I will check this in coming days - I did not have time yet to check all settings of S3D yet

About SDCard it is weird as if not SD Card available when printer start, EEPROM cannot be loaded - I quickly checked code and nothing obvious raised - I will monitor this more when I start printer or when idle.
Kevin about the successive printing issue
can you check your generated GCODE? - I see "F{travel_speed}" in S3D profile in another thread and this could be the root cause of your issue as it may not be replaced in final gcode and block the printer
Quote:Kevin about the successive printing issue
can you check your generated GCODE? - I see "F{travel_speed}" in S3D profile in another thread and this could be the root cause of your issue as it may not be replaced in final gcode and block the printer

Luc, that was it! Took it out and printing one after another now. Thank you very much!
The beginning of January I swapped the firmware over to repetier .92, Sometimes when I turn the printer on the lcd only shows two black bars., but everything else functions properly. luc said that if I hit the emergency stop button while connected it should fix the problem. This has been working, but has anyone found a more permanent solution?
yes latest FW has the fix
So I can just reflash the new firmware? , is it in the same place as before?
yes but need to load fail/safe many update have been done since January
By load fail /safe you mean on the on led menus right? And just click it before flashing?
after flashing fw, do M502/ M500 or load fail/safe values in printer settings and save
and restart printer as mode is no more in 4 bits but 8 bits so need a printer restart
Thanks, I'll do this once I fix my y axis issue
Thanks