Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Reseting Filament
Hello all,

Today I went out and picked up the arduino micro in an attempt to reset the filament on my machine so I can use a third party roll due to the fact that I have the second gen/1.0a motherboard and cannot do a full firmware flash at this time. I came hope downloaded the software uploaded the firmware to the unit and soldered the wires but the eeprom will not reset i tried 3v, 5v, touching the wires to the points, using pins, and directly soldering to the eeprom chip point but nothing has worked. Any ideas on what else to try? Also tried 2 different source codes thinking maybe one was wrong but still nothing. Here is a picture of the board/soldering. I am powering it with just a usb cable which seemed fine to me.

Please help!

Thank you[Image: IMG_22531.jpg]
There is another way to bypass the filament counter which I now use instead of a resetter.
Upgrade/downgrade to stock firmware 1.1.E and use the modded version of xyzware. This exploits a bug in 1.1.E which disables the counter allowing you to use 3rd party filament.
I was previously using an Arduino Uno to reset which works well but don't bother with it now.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Quote:There is another way to bypass the filament counter which I now use instead of a resetter.
Upgrade/downgrade to stock firmware 1.1.E and use the modded version of xyzware. This exploits a bug in 1.1.E which disables the counter allowing you to use 3rd party filament.
I was previously using an Arduino Uno to reset which works well but don't bother with it now.

I am on the 1.0.3 firmware (latest) and have a davinci 1.0a model 2 motherboard from what I understand i cannot downgrade and also their is no firmware at this point for it. (supposedly there is a beta but it is super buggy) and noway to flash back
http://voltivo.com/blog/da-vinci-reset-eeprom

Not sure but that might help. sometimes the best thing to do is start over
I don't think your firmware (1.0.3) will accept a reset filament cartridge. Also as you have the 1.0A version motherboard you can't use the older firmware meant for the 1.0 motherboard. You can try the Repetier firmware, but as you said it still has some bugs. As for flashing back to 1.0.3 I think this is now possible. I can't try it as I only have a 1.0 and not the 1.0A, but have a look at this post.
I have the new 1.0.3 da Vinci and from what I can tell the printer only accepts filament lengths of 120 or 240M. You might also need to change the cartridge serial # every time you reset. I bought the reset tool and it took a few tries for me to figure it out.
a few other possibilities:
1) If you connect any of the pins to the cartridge wrong you can cook the eeprom chip. This would require replacing the cartridge
2) Depending on the arduino you are using the pinouts that connect to the cartridge might be different.

Kieth
I believe the most likely issue is a difference in pinouts. I have my resetter working on a Pro Mini, and am comparing the pinouts between the two and it looks like my pin 7 according to the IDE is also labeled PD7. For you, PD7 is on your pin 6, odd I know, but try moving the data wire over one pin.

By the way, you can find most of the pinouts at http://www.pighixxx.com/test/pinoutspg/