Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB not communicating with printer
Hello, I am having some problems getting my computer to connect to my Da Vinci 2.0 two fan printer after changing from XYZware to Repetier 0.92. I think I am missing something obvious, but for the life of me I cannot find the problem. I have been up and down the posts here and I can't find a post that addresses my specific problem.
I flashed my printer using the J1 connection.
I updated the USBCore and variant .cpp files.
I downloaded both Atmel studio 6.2 and Sam-ba v2.14.
I made sure to update to Con. fig. H and I double checked that I am using the right port and board.
I am using Arduino 1.5.8.
The new Com port shows bossac device is connected.

After I flash my printer I power it off and restart it. I then connect it to my computer and use the Com port (com port 3) that the computer recognizes. I run Repetier.ino and make sure that I am using the proper board and port. I compile and load and everything goes without any problems.
At this point the Com port is changed by the computer to Com port 4 and is reading it as an Arduino device.
I check that the printer has uploaded Repetier firmware 0.92.
I open Repetier host and I hit connect and it displays a connected icon at the top left part of the screen.
However, I am not able to do anything with my printer through my computer.
If I am missing anything here, or if you need more information about my problem please get back to me.
I feel like I am missing something obvious, but at this point I frustrated and could really use some help.
Thank you in advance.
I am having a connection problem also. It was working till I updated the MB on my computer due to MB Failure.
one aspect that I noticed is, repetier host being connected seems to mean to the USB port on the computer - - not to the printer. I could be wrong.

I seem to have lost the repetier usb driver in a clean up of some files after installing the new MB drivers.
can anyone point me to the right driver?

Jim P
there is no repetier drivers - only arduino - just install arduino IDE and update the unknown drivers with arduino one
thanks that is what i needed to know.

Jim P
one more question - - - what is the driver name in device manager.
i get Prolific USB-to-serial Comm port

what does the Arduino port show up as?