Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repetier - calibration
Hello,

I bough my first printer last week, I can`t stand ABS melting smell so I went for the repetier so I can use PLA.

My first try was not very good since the extruder was stuck on the edge of the bed.....I had to lower the bed so it works.

Print quality is bad, The reason is I have absolutly no idea how to calibrate the bed, I did it with my eyes but it`s clearly not enought.

Tried the auto bed but i got failure error on z-probing(1sr point).

I would really appreciated if someone would give e some basic steps to have my bed leveled with the extruder.

thanks

jack
you need to do a manual calibration first using paper sheet - it make bed ready for auto leveling - as if it is too far auto bed leveling fail
Merci Luc,

J'ai fait le paper folding calibration on 3 points but the Z probing still failed after the first point. I can see the probe touching the metal clip but thats all.

Is there anything else I should do?

thanks so much for your help.

jack
2 reasons of error:
1 - clean the metal tape and contact on extruder they must be really clean to do the contact properly.
2 - you may be just little bit too far for the distance - try to up a little the bed with the under screw and try again
I did the paper adjustment again and tried the auto level of the bed, it seems that the sensor doesn't even reach the metal clip even at a flush adjustment...

I have then tried the manual leveling. I discovered that my bed is not 100% flat! theres a small up at center so front and back are always little bit up. I checked with a woodworking rules and the glass is not flat indeed.

Did you ever encounter that? how much precise should it be?
I have this also center is sometimes higher than sides - actually if front, back, and both sides are Ok - center it is also -
On my bed the front right corner is always a little lower than all the other corners, so what I did is shim it a bit underneath, and now it's better leveled.
Quote:I did the paper adjustment again and tried the auto level of the bed, it seems that the sensor doesn't even reach the metal clip even at a flush adjustment...

I have then tried the manual leveling. I discovered that my bed is not 100% flat! theres a small up at center so front and back are always little bit up. I checked with a woodworking rules and the glass is not flat indeed.

Did you ever encounter that? how much precise should it be?

I just encountered this. I have been spending a lot of time trying to get the perfect calibration (manually using a .152 feeler gauge) and just last night came to the realization that the middle of my bed (dead center and maybe an inch squared) is higher than the rest of the bed. I have not tried to print yet as I am trying to get calibration just right before loading in filament.

Is this normal or do I need to send this back to Amazon for another printer?
My sides are always [strike]lower[/strike] higher than the middle. I used to obsess on auto bed leveling, thinking it was the sole reason I wasnt sticking to the bed. Ive since learned better and just go through the manual routine twice and Im golden. This guy shimmed the bed under the glass to accommodate for the glass being a little concave in the middle.

https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8373