Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant get any custom firmware to compile
Ive been trying to install and test some costume firmwares but i can get past the compile step using arduino the last one iiv tired is luc's .92 version but when i try to compile i get this error

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Due (Native USB Port)"

USBCore.cpp:18:20: fatal error: USBAPI.h: No such file or directory
#include "USBAPI.h"
^
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

If i delete that line of code it gets farther then i get these errors
variant.cpp.o: In function `USART3_Handler':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:310: multiple definition of `UART_Handler'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:310: first defined here
variant.cpp.o: In function `init':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:334: multiple definition of `USART0_Handler'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:334: first defined here
variant.cpp.o: In function `USART1_Handler':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:339: multiple definition of `USART1_Handler'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:339: first defined here
variant.cpp.o: In function `USART3_Handler':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:344: multiple definition of `USART3_Handler'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:344: first defined here
variant.cpp.o: In function `init':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:366: multiple definition of `init'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:366: first defined here
variant.cpp.o: In function `serialEvent3()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `Serial3'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: first defined here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `Serial2'
variant.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: first defined here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `Serial1'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `rx_buffer4'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `rx_buffer3'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `rx_buffer2'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `Serial'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/variant.cpp:305: multiple definition of `rx_buffer1'
variant.cpp.oSad.rodata.g_APinDescription+0x0): multiple definition of `g_APinDescription'
variant.cpp.oSad.rodata.g_APinDescription+0x0): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
i
I don't know anything about arduino programing so im lost are their any precompiled .bin flies available for this version.
if you not know about arduino use the 0.91 based it is more stable, if you want test 0.92 you are welcome

you need to replace the variant.cpp present in your arduino directory by the one in my github, on my pc it is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x
about the usbcore.cpp the modifications is here : https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8138
on my PC this file is located here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\cores\arduino\USB
check you did not put them in another location, or you can take the one present in 0.92, it is already modified

PS: do not use the variant.cpp from the 0.92 with 0.91 fw as 0.92 variant.cpp enable watchdog and 0.91 FW is not ready for this
I just got the same problem you had and I change correctly de usbcore and the variant. Dis you find out how to solve the problem?
do a search in arduino directory for USBCore.cpp, I guess this file is alone in some directory, it is not in right place
you must replace the existing one