You use Y_MAX_LENGTH 217 in EEPROM and Y_MAX_LENGTH 218 in host - I suggest 217 everywhere as 218 per some feedback was very close to hit front (I just report I do not have a 1.0) - FYI we have added this in preset for 1.0 in Github so should be easier for FW
Also this is only for 1.0 it won't be good for 2.0, bed size is different (199X211) and origin is also diferent (0,0 = same for home)
you result seems not center - I am wrong ? is that due to bed shape is too big ? should be same as printing area no ?
With my initial settings the prints were offset to the left quite a bit and after I entered your values (199X211) everything centered up, Rep preview and actual result. In my head for some reason I kept equating x and y max position to be the bed dimensions...effectively max print area. I hadnt even touched the bed dimension setting in Rep Host printer settings, I just kept brainlessly tweaking the X and Y extends which is why I wasnt getting the results I expected. I think I understand now that max/min x/y travel has nothing to do with print/bed area. At least I hope thats right because I feel like it makes sense now. Ill post up my setting screens for 1.0 users a little later. Luc, thanks for taking the time to answer what was a pretty rookie question.
Im now about to embark on installing pins to the empty fan2 header on the 1.0 so I can control the DIY front fan via code. If I forget to walk over and turn the thing on for PLA I get very bad corner distortion on small parts. The hardware aspect is a no brainer for me, firmware and software is another story so Ill probably be leaning on your expertise again for that project.
Your print area size should still be set at 200x200, since you have a 1.0. You need to set X min to -33 and Y min to -12. The rest you had it correctly set already.
In repetier host only, correct? Slic3r doesnt need any tweaks to accommodate? Im still trying to figure out what the heck happens between slic3r and repetier host as stuff coming straight out of slic3r are way off center if Im using octoprint, which is what got me all screwed up in the first place. If i slice with slic3r but then export the gcode from repetier into octoprint, its fine.
Can I ask what the 2.0 settings are?
When I had .91 flashed some time ago, one of the extruders (rightmost I think) was way off - it was printing off in space over the right side.
I did enter offset values I believe in the slicer config screens, or could have been the printer config screen. That may have been my downfall.
In any case, can I ask what successful setting you are using please LUC?
so far I never enter enter extruder offset in Repetier host / slicer (I use cura)
because it is already set in printer, it is automaticaly handled by printer when extruder is selected, (you can see extuder moving when selected in manual mode)
I think this is the reason of your issue
use the same X,Y max than EEPROM
Xmax = 199 (your extruder go far after to allow your second extruder to reach the bed limit so it is bigger than printing area)
for Print area
W = 164 (my bed is 160 large, and nozzle is 2 mm on left, so to get it centered = 164)
D= 204 (my bed is 211 long, but because of back Y of 7mm to avoid to hit screw and plate when homing, it become 204)
In printer settings
x min = -33 x max= 203
y min = -12 y max= 205 these should be total travel and X0 Y0 will be right on the back corner of print area
bed left and right 0
in Slic3r configuration -> printer settings tab select general on right side -> size and coordinates
bed size = x200 y 200
print center= x133 y112
The slic3r settings are simply 200,200 for bed size and 100,100 for printer center, but I believe these are overridden by Repetier Host anyway when invoking it to slice a model (see the arguments passed to slic3r in the console log).
With the current default settings in Luc's Repetier firmware the build area coordinates for the da vinci 1.0 go from 0,0 to 200,200, so the center of the bed is obviously 100,100. This way it should be trivial to set up any printing or slicing software!