Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints fine but everything is just 0.6mm too short
So after manually calibrating my new Davinci (since the automatic is rubbish), using slic3r I can print in pretty good quality. However, everything is 0.6mm too short. So for example, printing the 0.5mm thin wall box for calibration (from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573) should have an inner diameter of 22mm and I get it to 21.4mm. The walls are pretty spot on, 0.5mm on all four sides.

Same applies to anything else I print, always 0.6mm too short in the x and z axis. On the y axis, I also fall short, however, thats negligible (only 0.2mm) since it comes down to bed calibration.

Any suggestions?
Try a circle. I'm betting you have some backlash.

Kieth
I'm having the same issue, except mine is about 0.4mm too short, on both the x and the y axis. The z axis seems to be fine though.
I printed a circle, and it's a little off... The X Axis is about 0.4mm off, and the Y Axis is about 0.25mm off.

How do I go about fixing any backlash?
Quote:I'm having the same issue, except mine is about 0.4mm too short, on both the x and the y axis. The z axis seems to be fine though.
I printed a circle, and it's a little off... The X Axis is about 0.4mm off, and the Y Axis is about 0.25mm off.

How do I go about fixing any backlash?

Check the tension of all belts, including the small one in the top right above the stepper motor.
Check your bearing mounts, the stock mounts are rubbish and break easily.
Shim the 3 white pulleys at the back, there tends to be some play between the pulleys and the C clips.
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d