Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printed circle accuracy
Following on from other threads about fixing oval circles, I wondered what sort of accuracy everyone is getting now.
To the naked eye, my circles look pretty good but on closer inspection with calipers, the diameter of every circle I print is as much as 0.4mm short in the Y axis.
This means I have to compensate for this when printing something that needs to have precise measurements and then sand the oversized area.
I've replaced my broken bearing mounts and tightened all belts. I can't see any play in the white pulleys at the back so haven't bothered to shim them.
Is this about as good as it gets or is anyone else getting better accuracy ?
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

There is a lot of room for improvement. You should visit the circles and squeaking thread about the white pulley, and I will suggest you go ahead and shim the belt pulleys unless you have the new printer that comes with a spring spacer. You would be amazed how much those pulleys are moving...

Also, print a few cubes and see if the cube is stretched in one direction. If so, you might e able to adjust this using the scaling function of slicer.

Kieth
There was some movement in the 2 pulleys at the front so I shimmed those but it made no difference.
I can't see any movement at all in the ones at the back, they seem rock solid.
I've had my Da Vinci 3 months. Any idea what the spring spacers look like ?
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Ok, I took a closer look at the pulleys at the back and sure enough, there was just a tiny bit of play. Needed a bit more force to reveal the gap.
So I shimmed all 3 pulleys at the back and the difference between x and y is now down to about 0.15mm so I'm pretty happy with that. :cheer:
Thanks for persuading me on this.
Slicer - Simplify3d