Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swap repetier based control board on my 2.0 duo
So far as I can tell, no one has been able to hack their duo to allow the use of an advanced slicer such as slic3r or repetier. So my question if I can't hack my board can I replace it with an arduino or one from a DIY kit?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated....my duo is killing me. I paid an extra $170 for a machine that only lets me use XYZware and the "privilege to use only XYZ cartridges"

Thanks
Hi

And: https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware

Then he must know how to properly adjust Slic3r and install firmware
Yes we are several having a duo and moved to repetier, I use repetier/cura without issue
Thank you! I wasn't aware that anyone was working on this issue, I know others have been looking into using custom software for the 2.0 with no success.

is the firmware install procedure for the 2.0 the same as with a 1.0?

Thank you!
yes same procedure,
I was looking at Luc's configuration.h and I couldn't find how to change the number of fans. do you know if this file's default values are 2 extruders and 2 fans?

I would like to give you a heads up that I am very new to working with software. I may ask a couple dumb questions before I finish installing the firmware, so I hope you will humor my lack of knowledge. I would love to learn enough to be useful and help modify the 2.0 duo.
you do not have to change anything but this line:
#define DAVINCI 1 // "1" For DAVINCI 1.0, "2" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 1 FAN, "3" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 2 FAN

all is already preset according this setting so for Davinci 2.0 with 2 fans change #define DAVINCI 2
I would suggest to read code and repetier documentation to learn