Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XYZWare Open Mod
Just to say thank you for the awesome OpenMod - it opens up the printer in so many ways :evil:

I will also provide some new findings as a warning to J firmware users... it may degrade print quality even without a cartridge reset.

I've had my Da Vinci 1.0 for 4 days and am still using the free white cartridge, but with KISSlicer to generate gcode. I have the standard ; comment XYZ printing rubbish as a pre-gcode setting in KiSS with zero filament used.

Today I got Swiss cheese prints including the keychain sample... after some experimenting,it was hardware for sure. Reverting to G firmware fixed it

I've printed several prints previously in KISS so its a counter of how many times it thinks you've cheated and then, boom, garbage. - naughty really as this could impact genuine un-hacked users.

I will get the resetter working soon and report if a new cartridge ID resets the bad count.

Thanks again
Kev
I got the same error message. Try Running the program as administrator. You can do this by
1.) Right click then "Run as Administrator"
2.) Right click, properties, compatibility, and check off "Run this program as an administrator" to always run as admin with out having to right click on it each time.
Loaded and trying to use XYZware open mod
I have Slic3r117 in use under repetier-host

If i use default (bundled) slicer in xyzware open mod
it slices forever
If I configure to slicer117 runs as external slicer
and no gcode left in program to print.

What are the correct settings for the setup in xyzware open mod
in the slicer setup for (Bundled) slicer and for use of Slic3r117.

What is the new "en.xml" suppose to do?
names original "en.xml" ol_en.xml and put in new en.xml.
How can I tell if the new xml is in use?

Really would like to get the mod working on my DaVanci 1.0

Tnx
:S
On my PC, win 8.1, I have to run the modded XYZ in addmin mode to get it to work properly, as in a previous post. Have you tried to run it in this mode?

BTW, what a brilliant bit of software :woohoo:
Quote:Loaded and trying to use XYZware open mod
I have Slic3r117 in use under repetier-host

If i use default (bundled) slicer in xyzware open mod
it slices forever
If I configure to slicer117 runs as external slicer
and no gcode left in program to print.

What are the correct settings for the setup in xyzware open mod
in the slicer setup for (Bundled) slicer and for use of Slic3r117.

What is the new "en.xml" suppose to do?
names original "en.xml" ol_en.xml and put in new en.xml.
How can I tell if the new xml is in use?

Really would like to get the mod working on my DaVanci 1.0

Tnx
:S

Same situation here.
Have no idea, how to solve this.
Configure button on External Slicer, doesn't work too.
I really apreciate any suggestion, cause, I love this User Interface to my Davinci.
Many thanks to W34 for his effort doing that.
Has anyone used this on a 2.0 Duo?
Quote:BTW, what a brilliant bit of software :woohoo:

+1
Thank you w34. Works great!

I had to run this in administrator mode. For the slic3r I set the slic3r configuration directory to "c:\Users\jspo\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r" and pointed the executable to my 1.1.2.0 slic3r executable on my desktop.

So for the configuration yours will be different because it will be based on your login name. Mine is jspo

Selected version 0.9.9 or higher and it slic3d using my settings in the actual slic3r program! Woohoo, thank you thank you thank you.
This worked for me too. I'm assuming that it's working correctly with the external Slic3r saving the gcode to my desktop and I have to import it after. Thanks w34 for this awesome mod.
so i copied the text into the en file and launched the modded xyzware. i have it running as admin. i have repetier open as well and i can connect to the printer but it appears ad "default" and it has no printer info or settings information. i can load in drawings to repetier and start the print but the printer is sitting cold and lifeless. What am i doing wrong? sorry newb question. New to modding 3d printers.
I didn't have to import after it ran the external slic3r. It automatically loaded the gcode as I can see it in the editor.
I still have something wrong then because when I use the external Slic3r it automatically saves the gcode to my desktop. Nothing shows up on the gcode screen. I have to import the gcode. Any ideas?
Hey I've tried using this software on a Windows PC with my 2.0 Duo with no success. I keep getting "Printer Mismatch" when I go to print. I can use the "manual control" and connect to my printer and move the heads around and bed, etc. Any thoughts on any setting I should change to get it to work? I see in the GCODE that it says
"machine = daVinciF20". So I'm assuming it knows I have a duo.
I am not sure. Mine just automatically loaded after it finished.
The en.xml adds the correct labels to the program display. Otherwise it will show you label definitions i.e. L_DISCONNET instead of "Disconnect" or "Connect" based on status.

As for setting up slic3r, you will need to click "Setup" and point the 2 paths correctly.

For configuration it is usually "C:\Users\%User%\Roaming\Slic3r" or something similar.
Then for the executable it should point to your executable.

you will know if it is setup correctly if it shows your slic3r options in the xyzware software. If it may not be setup correctly.
I have not tested this on a DUO as I do not have access to one. It should work to an extent, but the software currently does not define the extruder number. I will add this functionality to the upcoming release and if you can test it out, that would be great!
It should auto reload with the new gcode. So it is a bug. Are you getting an error?
You do not need to run repetier, just the modded xyzware. Is the open mod displaying errors in the on screen log window?
It should work like the 1.0 and does detect which version of the printer you have, but the issue is the 2nd extruder. The gcode currently does not add definition for it. I will add this on my list of things to add for the new version. With that in mind, it may not even print without manually defining the 1st extruder either since on dual systems it needs to be defined which one to use in gcode, otherwise it may not do anything or throw the mismatch error since no extruder was defined.
Ok this is weird. I wasn't getting an error of any sort but I ran it again a few minutes ago and it's working now. Well, sort of. I slice one item but the gcode is coming in for something completely different. This isn't the best quality of video but I hope you can see what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/6BAr7_JLJtA