Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repetier/XYZ Calibration that is super easy and effective :)
Hi, first off i do not have repetier installed on my da vinci, but i do use an alternative to calibrating the bed because, well its a pain in the rear end to do so using the XYZ firmware (every time it fails it needs to heet back up , do some stuff and so on). Anyway, i noticed that the calibration method uses electrical contact with the printerbed metal clips holding the glass. You connect a multi-meter to the ground of the glass bed (on the back) and connect the positive to the printerhead calibration pin, set the multimeter to beep mode and Jog the bed untill you hear a Beep from the multimeter Smile. simpel and super effective.

try it out, its so much easier than using a piece of paper Wink.

by the way, Repetier is programmed via arduino right? I am making a simpel arduino project to integrade my calibration method into my printer, but if the Da vinci has an input that is not used i could edit the repetier firmware and add in the "calibration beep" into it. just an idea Wink
Could you add a pic on where you connect the ground and the positive? Thanks.
The entire printer head construction is connected to eachother, so just clamp it on the big metal plate and your good to go. For the one on the printer bed just clamp it to the blue wire connector (ground). Let me know how it works out for you, good luck.[Image: IMG_20140820_1626271.jpg][Image: IMG_20140820_1630091.jpg]
the mother board has no free inputs or outputs that are populated, but if you know programming you could modify the current firmware to give a beep on touch with the beeper already there and the contacts also already present. why add another?
Good point, for some reason i looked over the fact that its already there. My programming skills are a bit limited but I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
Here are my modifications to the G31 command to make it beep until the probe loses contact with the metal plates. I did it this way since to lower the bed you have to tighten the screws and I felt that was more accurate. I'd like to hear other opinions in any case.

My G31 code follows:

case 31: // G31 display hall sensor output
Com::printF(Com::tZProbeState);
Com::print(Printer::isZProbeHit() ? 'H' : 'L');
Com::println();
do {
BEEP_SHORT;
delay(100);
} while (Printer::isZProbeHit() == 1);
Com::printF(Com::tZProbeState);
Com::print(Printer::isZProbeHit() ? 'H' : 'L');
Com::println();