Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voltivo Filament
OK, so now me printer is hacked and working just fine on G Smile
Next thing is to try some different filament and Overclockers have it in stock (in the UK). Price is comparable to the XYZ cartridge for an open spool, but it runs out at 1.45kg for a spool. Question is, how long is that, what should I program a chip to?
TBH, I don't mind paying in the same price range if the quality of the print is going to be improved.

Ohh, I also got me one of those Sense 3D hand scanners. Just got to figure out how to get the best results from that as well now Confusedilly:
Well Ive started using the ExcelFil filament, what a difference!

This print was designed in Solidworks and the sliced in XYZ 1.1.29.4. I used a .2 layer height and print quality as normal, with all other settings as standard. I must say the quality of the print far exceeds what I'm getting with the XYZ cartridges. All I've got to do now is use up the 6 cartridges I've got and then migrate over to ExcelFil full time :cheer:

Picture down here |

[img]
Beautiful print.
No strings or bumps at all. I gotta git me some o' that!
Are you using Repetier? Can you post your settings because that is just a perfect print!
No, I was not using any other software, just XYZ for slicing and version G in the printer. Even the print quality setting was on normal B)
When will ExcelFil be available for purchase in the US? You guys can't keep rubbing my face in the dirt Smile

This is from XYZ Filament. Sliced with Slic3r. Printer on XYZ Firmware version 1.1E Bed @ 90c and Extruder @ 220c

[Image: AlienBust_001_2014-07-25.jpg]
is this printed using PLA or ABS ?
Just bought some Printme ABS, can't say I'm that impressed. It doesn't seem to like more than 10% infill.
I'll be giving the Voltivo filament a try next. ;-)
Davinci 1.0 with repetier 0.92 & E3D hotend
Slicer - Simplify3d 

ExcelFil is now available in the U.S. at www.cubicity.com
I just bought a roll of 1kg black Sainsmart ABS on Amazon for £29. The quality looks on a par with the Voltivo stuff, way better than the xyz filament and the Printme filament I was using.
I printed the twisted vase, which I believe is 0.3mm, and it looks as good as the xyz stuff at 0.1mm if not better !
I'll stick some pictures up later.
Still going to try the Voltivo filament though, that looks giod stuff judging by the OP's picture.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

I am finally getting time to run some prints with the voltivo ABS, I am very impressed. Superb layer adhesion, consistent diameter. I have 14 days 20 hours 20 minutes of print time since the last firmware upgrade I did and have went through a lot of filament by a few different brands. I will be using this on critical high strength parts from now on. can't use it on everything, cause I am a cheap bastard. Thanks for the great product oliver fueckert. I'll get some High res shots up in a day or so.
Here's a couple of prints with the Sainsmart ABS.

Printed at 0.2mm. The object is 18mm x 11mm ....

[img]
Slicer - Simplify3d 

Great to hear Josh!
Look forward to see some pictures!

Keep an eye on cubicity.com for promotions Wink

Ollie.
Hi Scott,

I would love to see some comparison pics of an Excelfil print of the same model below.
We are always benchmarking and interested in objective comparison from customer prints.

Ollie.
No problem. I'll post up some pics when I get round to buying some Excelfil.
One thing I've noticed about the Sainsmart stuff is that it seems to have an issue with moisture absorbtion.
I was getting some horrible looking prints for a while, lots of strings and bumps, so I put the filament in an airing cupboard overnight and it's fine again.
Slicer - Simplify3d 

yup not hi-res, I'll get them.

.2mm layer height. Slicer 1.2 random start points.[Image: IMG_10981.jpg][Image: IMG_10251.jpg]
Quote:OK, so now me printer is hacked and working just fine on G Smile
Next thing is to try some different filament and Overclockers have it in stock (in the UK). Price is comparable to the XYZ cartridge for an open spool, but it runs out at 1.45kg for a spool. Question is, how long is that, what should I program a chip to?
TBH, I don't mind paying in the same price range if the quality of the print is going to be improved.

Ohh, I also got me one of those Sense 3D hand scanners. Just got to figure out how to get the best results from that as well now Confusedilly:
------------------------------
it works out to about 40m per 100g