Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bed moves from left to right
Hello

I 'm french,sorry for my English level.
I have my Da Vinci since one week, I 've added shim in pulleys for reduce movement

Today I looked the bed to reduce problem, the bed moves from left to right. I found a temporary solution, I added two pieces of paper around the two rings

[URL=http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/324486001.png"/>[/URL]

I tried to create a 3D part but the movement is too small. In the meantime, I have a bed that does not move

Do you have the same problem?

Thank you !
For the bed/glass, just take the 4 screws in each corner, *slightly* bend the metal tabs down, and tighten the screws back in place. Don't bends the tabs to much as to much pressure may crack the glass.

The"ring" you are describing is a bushing that is being used as a slide bearing. Someone in this forum posted speculation that they should be glued in place. These bearings are in the x and z Carriage.

Kieth
Quote: I found a temporary solution, I added two pieces of paper around the two rings

Hi,

Could you include a closer/larger picture of what you did? Or maybe 2 or 3 pictures from different angles?
I can´t really see from the pic you attached here.

Thanks!
Hi
I'll try to do it quickly.
These are just two bronze bushings that move, I blocked by placing the paper around.
The X axis, I glued and it does not move (careful not to get glue on the stem Tongue )
I received my Da Vinci 1.0 less than 2 days ago (it's my first) and I've noticed the exact same problem (not really sure if this affects the printings, but I'd guess it does?). The print bed moves a little when pushed from a side. Nothing appears to be loose, but somehow there is some slack in the right rod. I don't really understand the OP's workaround, would certainly love some more detailed pictures. Or if anyone else has an alternative solution, I'd love to hear it.

Also, is this something common to all Da Vinci printers or just a few unlucky of us?

edit: ahh now I've seen a few other threads discussing the same issue, and so it seems it can also be fixed with just a few drops of glue on the bearings of the right rod. Still wondering whether or not this happens on every unit though...
Everything you describe is normal. - Its that way with all of the 1.0 printers. I do not know if it is fixed with other versions.

Ill post some pictures in the next few days if no one else does.

Kieth
Understood, thank you!
And would you say that this is worth fixing in order to achieve decent printing quality or in reality it won't have much effect?
Fixing the rod tolerance will help reduce/eliminate z wobble. The glass isn't usually a problem unless it is really loose.

Kieth
I sometimes had a problem with the glass moving a little. Look at the attached photo to see how I solved the problem. I mounted two of these.

--
Lasse[Image: IMG_2469.jpg]
I have a slight bend in my Z axis screw that I have been unable to adjust out. The bend causes the bed to torque slightly back and forth and results in slightly wavy vertical walls on my prints.

Gluing the floating bushings on the right of the bed helped some. To isolate the forces on the screw, I tried adding one of these spiral flex couplings: http://www.mcmaster.com/#2463k3/=wdm8mb.
Unfortunately the bed has enough friction to stay put as the screw turns. The result is that the screw worms up extending the flex coupling until the spring force overcomes the friction of the bed, causing it to skip down. The bed ends up not being positioned reliably and prints are worthless. The wobble in the screw is gone but these couplings will require some sort of thrust bearing to carry the tension of pulling the bed down. I am thinking a simple ball screw or needle mounted to the top of the frame above the screw will be enough to press on the screw and remove the play. In the end this type of coupling doesn't look like a quick fix and will likely reduce the positional accuracy in the Z axis.
I had been considering making a bearing mount for the top of the threaded rod. I don't like how the weight of the whole platform sits on the stepper.

My plan is to use one of the extra bearings I got for the y rails. A couple jam nuts to secure it to the top of the threaded rod. Then 3d print a mount to hold the OD of the bearing snug...